Nominations for Arbiter

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:29 pm

Arche
Quantumdelta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:02 pm

S1on
Well, I usually ask QD questions.. so he's my nomination :>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:05 am

Futile Resistance
In an effort to give Quiz an easier time:

MS
BD (BD gets a vote over QD since it seems QD's more busy with WoW)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:15 am

Inquisitor
Inquisitor
BD
Chimera
Killjoy
QD
MS
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:52 am

SirRah
My vote goes for Quiz and BD.

Quiz cuz he's old and wise (sounds like yoda eh?). And BD because he's not too busy with games (and he likes pain).

Close to them two are MS and QD, but i think both of them are sorta busy in WoW.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother****** in the valley.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:34 am

Reaps
quiz - but i'm open to bribes :p

edit:
I wonder if its a good idea to nominate anyone at the head of a busy division, seeing as they are 'mini arbitrators' of their division. Everyone mentioning Qd/Ms should be thinking do you want to lump on the role of arbitrator to anyone who is already dealing with problems in a large and active clan? not that i oppose their nomination - i'm just questioning the wisdom of it :) also, an arbitrator should be removed from the situation - say i had a problem within my game and wanted to take it to the SSX because i thought my div admin couldnt deal with it, and then i found that he/she had the final word?
Still here

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:31 pm

Inquisitor
I wonder if its a good idea to nominate anyone at the head of a busy division
Two things:

1) I will give people who have been nominated the chance to decline their nominations, those considerations should be in their minds. Only accept it if you can do it and you have the time.

2) If you think there is a conflict, don;t vote for 'em ;)

This will be a friendly round I am sure, I expect folks can use their judgement in accepting their nominations.
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:04 pm

Chimera
As honored as I am to be nominated (and I am), I'm afraid I gotta decline. While I've had a free-up of time lately, I don't think I can carry out the duties o' Arbiter with the aplomb and justice that it deserves and requires. Plus, there are others here a bit more "in-tune" with the pulse of the GAMING GROUP that would be a much better fit.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:42 pm

SSX-Killjoy
Nominated again.. How Cool.. Guess I am still liked.. :)

Anyways, just as when I was nominated last time (http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/forums ... c.php?t=82) I must also decline my role as possible Arbiter. Outside of the fact that I think Inq has done an awesome job as one, I like to think of myself as that guy in the background. ("Don't mind that man behind the curtain." -- The Great Oz).

On a side note, I hope the next time the vote comes up again, you guys will still think I may be cool enough to fill the venerable Inq's shoes, and nominate me again.. (Although I will probably decline then as well..) Feels cool to be nominated.. :)
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.
================================

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:24 am

BlackDove
I've been also thinking about wether or not I should disqualify myself.

On one hand, if I don't decilne and win I face a rather extensive amount of mandatory work around here, which has been bestowed upon Inquisitor, Killjoy, Anubis, etc. (basically everyone who runs their groups) when it comes to working with the SSX, all of them (aside from Inquisitor) not being arbiters.

On the other hand, if I decline, it would be because I don't wish to put time into this place like others do, and don't deem it worthy enough of the time I have. I have no other excuse really. MS and QD might have WoW, Killjoy does a behemoth job around the site and other miscellanious things, Quiz has numerous other stuff to work on, I have very little considering my limitations computer wise. So no excuse for me.

Also, I believe that there should be options to any issue, and the more of them the better.

Since I find it highly unlikely that I'll win, I won't de-nominate myself. If it really strikes and comes down to me, well, I'll do the best of a job that I can, but until then, I'll definatly be voting for Inquisitor, and him alone.

I think all of us can say without a doubt that he is most likely the best one for the job, despite how many balls he has to keep in the air.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:17 am

M.Steiner
As much as i appreciate the fact that some people have even thought about nominating me, i would also decline the position.

Helping to run the EU:WoW group with QD and maintaining the WoW website both keep me busy enough as it is, some of the stuff can be quite stressfull as well as time consuming and i honestly don't think i could physically take on the arbiter position on top of that, even if i was to get voted. I wouldn't want to take on more responsibilties that i know i wouldn't be able to put all my effort in to.

As well as that, i think Quiz has done a great job so far and i agree with what BD has said, i think he's the best man for the job. ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:35 pm

Messiah
I want to remind everyone that Inquisitor serves the SSX in at least two separate capacities at the moment: the first is as an admin, a responsibility that probably keeps him very busy, and the second is as arbiter, a position which has required a negligible amount of his time.

The arbiter is not a/the leader in the SSX. He is not an admin, of necessity, and does not exercise administrative responsibility as an arbiter. The arbiter's sole responsibility is to mitigate disputes. The arbiter doesn't really do anything unless there is a dispute that can not be resolved peacefully by the membership. If you ask Inquisitor, he'll tell you that there were two instances in which he has had to act as arbiter in the past year, and neither sucked up his time.

To be fair, acting as arbiter could, under extreme circumstances, become a burden. In the 6 months before the SSX formed, those trying to mitigate the strife occuring in the SSC spent countless hours acting as de facto arbiters. That was an extreme case, not one that could be handled by any one person, and unlikely to happen here any time soon.

So, I encourage those of you who have declined to run because of the time commitment to reconsider. It should not be a burden. With any luck, you'll never be called to act. In the event that something big occurs, and it becomes onerous, I am sure the membership can quickly and easily select an appropriate and impartial party to assist the arbiter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:22 am

BlackDove
Arbiter really means being involved in any issues or debates that concern the SSX in order to be able to mediate them properly. It means paying close attention to all of the groups.

Since I don't play much, I have been doing it unconsciously myself, and it is tiring by itself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:52 pm

Chimera
After some consideration, I have decided that I will accept the nomination and put my name on the list of possibles.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:59 pm

Inquisitor
ok then, me, bd and chim...

I'll put the vote up in a bit.
No signature

Return to “Members”