MND, INT and/or MP

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

MND, INT and/or MP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:11 pm

Inquisitor
So I have a goofy hate (Travellers Hat, I think) that gives me a MND bonus.

I had a hairpin (hey, you back there, no giggling) that gave me an MP bonus (+5 I think).

The hat also had a def bonus, def of 2 I think, so, I opted for the hat.

Can somenone explain the inter-relation of MND, INT and MP (other than the obvious, you need X MP to cast a spell, specifically any effects on regeneration rate)?

I THINK MIND affects damage by spells, but it's all not very clear to me.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:57 pm

Pixistix
MP: Obvious. For mp challenged races (cough), you should look for either mp increasing gear (hairpins, friar's ropes etc), mp increasing food, or both. MP regeneration is a seperate subject. There are very few mp regen items, but there are quite a few mp regen foods/drinks. I use ginger cookies because my dram hat +1 makes them for me daily ( :weird: ). These increase my MP regen while resting by 1 for three minutes. I also try to keep an orange juice or pineapple juice on me for emergencies (run out of MP mid fight, pop a juice, mp starts regening).

MIND: Increases your resistance to spells (AoE, targeted etc.) and improves your healing/enhancing magic (enhancing spells last longer, more likely to getting cure off without interuption etc.). +MND equiptment and food is important for WHM and RDM/WHM.

INTELLEGENCE: Increases the damage you do when you cast dark or elemental magic. Increases the power of your enfeebs. +INT gear and food is important for BLM and RDM/BLM.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:11 pm

Inquisitor
As always, a wealth of information.

Thank you :)

I have Republic and Kingdom gear for my RDM, which has helped alot with the MP.

So, in your opinion then, dump the hat and get a better hairpin?
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:06 pm

Pixistix
I'm a big fan of hairpins :thumb: . As a lvl 31 taru WHM I have a silver hairpin that I wear (lvl 20, -6 hp, +15 mp). I will probably change it out at 40 for a Electrum Hairpin and 50 for a Gold Hairpin. Silver hairpins are crafted or you can buy them if you are Bastokian and Bastok is ever in first place:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmob=1335

One of the cool things about being a galka caster is that you can get all of the hp => mp gear you want and not worry about being a one hit wonder when you pull hate :)
Blarghl.

Return to “Final Fantasy”