Airstrikes and Highlanders

A cult classic goes online! Futuristic warfare in 100 tonne death machines where the screams of your enemies can't be heard over the sounds of explosions!

Moderators: Global Moderators, MWO Moderators

Airstrikes and Highlanders

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Chimera
http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes

Long and short of it: You can buy (with C-bills or probably MC) Artillery and Air Strikes, usable once per mech per match. They also released Rhonda Snord's Highlander Hero Mech. Sorta lackluster patch...I was hoping they would fix missiles so they can stop being so gimped but looks like no luck. Right now the flavor the day is Dual AC/20 or Gauss Rifle Jagermechs.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Re: Airstrikes and Highlanders

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:49 am

Ozone
The highlander is a bit on the extreme side of real cash to boot. Saying that there's an awful lot of them on the field. Shame their life span is so short, as every team I've run with so far seems to be focusing on the big pink targets first.
Headshotted by a dual AC20 Rifleman last night, those things are workhorses with a giant center chest target. None the less, they do offer a great ballistics platform. I'm going to wait to see if the Il-Mo goes on sale soon (like the 3 ballistic HPs, perfect for 3 UAC5s), if that doesn't happen by the time I've mastered all the cats I may go for a DD.
Havent seen any airstrikes or artillery yet, actually looking forward to being caught in one to see the effects up close.
Agreed patch wasn't all that exciting, was hoping at least for a new mid range map, the current rotation is getting a bit repetitive.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Chimera
Current patch also severely impacted FPS. Its virtually unplayable for me at the moment. Seems like I'll be getting a new vid card sooner rather than later.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Ozone
Interesting you mention that. I'm running a GeForce 680MX with 4 gigs on board (ana the system to back it), yet every few games I get a major graphics glitch where I get bright colored polygons filling my screen. Thanks for the heads up, I can now go do some digging for info. :)
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “Mechwarrior Online”