Was Wondering re: PvP

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Was Wondering re: PvP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
For those of you who have been blazing down the PvP route all guns firing, when you die in PvP (either on Ilum or in Huttball - I'm not distinguishing between each) does your gear take standard damage?

I can't for the life of me remember how it worked in WoW, though I'm leaning towards 'it took no damage in Battlegrounds'. Just wondering if the same is true here.

Our little run on Saturday got me interested again a bit, and I was wondering whether it might be an idea to do some PvP - though only if I'm not having to use all of my money on reps constantly :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Was Wondering re: PvP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 pm

M.Steiner
Repairs are only necessary when it's a mob that has killed you. No repairs needed for pvp, just pve ;)
Some of the matches are a bit out of hand right now as many people have gotten into the habit of abandoning matches at the first signs of a loss, as you need to win them for the daily/weekly. You can still have some great games when you have a decent team and people playing to win but it can be quite frustrating when people start pissing off a minute into a game. Though even with a loss you'll still get warzone commendations, valor/legacy exp & cash.

Bioware are making some big changes to the pvp system next month though so this should change;
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012 wrote:We’ve been pleasantly surprised at how popular PvP is in The Old Republic and we’ve been doubling down on our efforts to bring exciting new content and systems to the PvP community. Right now there’s a new Warzone planned for Game Update 1.2 which we’re already testing internally and really enjoying. We can say it’s enabled for same faction vs. same faction play, so if you’ve been playing a lot of Huttball, expect some variety soon! Also coming in 1.2 is the pre-season of our Warzone ranking system, bringing better matchmaking which means better PvP. In the future expect a ton more PvP news as we expand and polish what has proven to be one of the most popular aspects of The Old Republic. We’ve got big plans.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2842864#edit2842864 wrote:Patch 1.2, among many other PvP changes, will remove the reliance on daily quests for your gear progression (and therefore increasing the value of the commendations you get for playing a match to the end) and penalties for quitters.
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012 wrote:Q: What do you plan to against Warzones’ AFK, more particularly about players who leave Warzones ? Will there be sanctions for this type of behavior?
A: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmmm. Ok, thanks :)

May pop in and give it a try some time in the next day or two ^^
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Cyma
I don't know for level 50, but i have been very lucky the past few days with the matches. Seem like people that actually quit are the one creating a lost so once they are out the team have been winning almost every time after.. Me like that :P
Huh?

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”