Any changes to your original Spec thoughts??

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Any changes to your original Spec thoughts??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:44 am

Ash
Now that we have had an opportunity to play for a while, have any of you changed significantly
the talent spec that you had considered prior to launch??

Bounty Hunter - Powertech
My big change will occur once i hit cap and respec,
my initial thoughts were to run an Advanced Prototype/ Pyrotech hybrid.

Unfortunately one of the key skills i had based the build around, Kolto Vents,
does not work as described, supposed to be a 7% heal over 10seconds when you vent heat,
as an AP spec you can automatically vent heat every 6 seconds,
so technically you would have a constant heal over time going on.
Unfortunately they meant Vent Heat (the skill) on a 2minute cooldown,
apparently the Trooper Vanguard description is better written.

Thus I will finish levelling with the current spec and consider what to do at level 50.

Anyone else have similar experiences with regards to talent descriptions?
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Re: Any changes to your original Spec thoughts??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
My spec has played out pretty much exactly as I envisaged it, but you have to bear in mind that there are a shedload of abilities I haven't bought.

I kind of went into the game planning to make my KOTOR character/s anew, and that's pretty much what I did. Large amount of power and lightning, just with a different thing driving them. When you use so little beyond lightning, it's hard to tread away from 'what you expected'.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:11 am

M.Steiner
I've gone with the same build since day 1. There are a few talents I wouldn't mind having from a pvp perspective like Chem-resistant Inlays and I have wondered whether Recuperative Nanotech is really worth investing in but overall have been really happy with the build I've been using. Can't see myself respeccing anytime soon and it should be just as good if not better suited for the hm flashpoints when we start them together. :)

Healing as an operative was quite weak at early levels and I did wonder whether that direction would really be for me at one point but that soon changed as I leveled up. Once I gained access to my main rotation of healing abilities and invested points to make those more effective I've had a blast playing as a healer once again. I can even do a bit of run-casting with Kolto Probe & Surgical Probe. I have to be stood still for the others mind, they're not quite a 5 slotted Crahn Holy Heal and we have to actually manage our energy with the assortment of heals & abilities here rather than popping PSI booster's like sweets again but I do like the semi-mobileness of the class rather than having to be rooted to the spot 100% of the time whilst healing :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:33 am

SSX-Andy
On my Mercenary I respecced once, but didn't change much. Just a few points that got switched around since I got new skills that benefited more from them. Have been planning on switching from a DPS to a healing build, but since I haven't played her lately that will wait.

Haven't played the Juggernaut long enough to make any changes yet. Will make some when I reach higher levels since there are talents later on that are more beneficial than what I have and some new skills that can better utilize them. On the whole though, I am happy with the spec I have for her. Will probably end up with 31 points in Immortal and 10 in Vengeance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:30 am

Ash
last night I was having another look at my current build and to be honest the only thing I would change is to remove the Kolto Vents.

When I hit 50 I would expect it to be like this.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bou ... efdef6efe2

A 0/24/17 AP/Pyro hybrid build, designed around fire and railshots.
Switching between Stances (i wish this was instant) will allow a certain amount of PvE and PvP viability.
Not sure on how effective it will be but I'll stick with it to start with, can't believe i will do a complete respec to move 1 talent point... meh.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Whizbang
I completely respec'd Mechanus. I thought he was going to be a Marksman-heavy Sniper but I found myself finding more practical use in the Engineering tree and to be honest, it's provided more options in solo play and in group play. So it seems Mechanus is now an engineering Sniper. And I have never had more fun going that route. :D
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”