Early Access & Launch <- Server details here too!

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Re: Early Access & Launch <- Server details here too!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:10 am

Ash
Stuck in a queue myself, had less trouble getting into the stress test beta weekend.
When you just want to pop on for an hour and half of that is in a queue.

:smack:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:14 am

Anubis
Site Admin
They're telling people on the official forums to use different servers as a "resolution". Lol.

Maybe if they hadn't forced everyone onto the packed out servers through guild imports that'd be a fantastic idea...

Really not happy tonight.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:30 am

Ash
Ok, gave up, catch you guys over the weekend.

:thumb:
Ash

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:30 am

enlightened
Hola friends, I know i've been in hiding for quite some time but my exams and law school application processes are over so i'll have some spare time. I'd love to play with everyone again and was wondering what the process is behind getting into early access? I'm thinking of possibly buying the game to play during my roughly 20 day winter break.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:19 am

M.Steiner
Hiya :)

First off all you'd buy your copy, either physical or digital from Origin. Whatever retailer you buy from should still give you a pre-order code if it's before launch.
Redeem your pre-order code on the SWTOR site and if you don't have your copy of the game in-hand you can download the client through the site too. Once you've redeemed that code you'll need to wait for Bioware to give you access which you'll get via email ("Your Saga Begins" subject). Once you receive that you can play for however many early access days they give you and you get 30 free days on top of that with your copy of the game. :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:42 pm

M.Steiner
Hey Shiddix, did you delete your character yesterday by any chance?
Just noticed you seem to have vanished from the memberlist ingame that's all (and it's not bugged atm I don't think lol). If so you'll have to try PMing one of the officers ingame for a manual invite. Can only accept 1 automatic invite with the guild deployment so if you rerolled or something it won't give you another ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Kixi
Yeah i deleted the char, i wasnt on planning on playing it, I will /w when i can get on my main, I havnt played the game at all yet because when i get home from work theres a 2 hour queue and i cba waste my night with the wait :mad:
KIXI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Dynaphar
New record.

I queue at 18:41.
Position 1604.

I go to the movies, watch puss in boots.

Come back home at 22:24.
Position 205.

Thats 3 hours 43min queue allready, and im still a long way from beeing logged in .. :smack:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Dynaphar
I finally log in at 23:34, after 4 hours 53 minutes queue.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Dynaphar
Correction, i try to log in and get a server error and it puts me back in queue at 1100 ...

Come on .. seriously ..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Dynaphar wrote:Correction, i try to log in and get a server error and it puts me back in queue at 1100 ...

Come on .. seriously ..
:blank:

That's just ridiculous. I am not sure how you have the patience honestly...

Hope you can get in relatively soon, but from that figure it sounds like it just might not happen tonight :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Dynaphar
Anubis wrote: That's just ridiculous. I am not sure how you have the patience honestly...
Well, im actually playing another game at the same time as i wait in queue, upgraded to an SSD for TOR. :)
Makes me able to run more things at once before they start slowing down.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Dynaphar wrote:
Anubis wrote: That's just ridiculous. I am not sure how you have the patience honestly...
Well, im actually playing another game at the same time as i wait in queue, upgraded to an SSD for TOR. :)
Makes me able to run more things at once before they start slowing down.
Ah, then that does not sound quite so bad :) Still, hope it doesn't keep you waiting forever.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:24 am

Ash
Its 23:15 Bloodworthy is full (again) and I'm 860 in a queue.
Seriously wtf????

What are the current server limit cap?
Is Bloodworthy popular because its near the top?

Ash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:29 am

Dynaphar
And im in at 1:26.

After 6 hours 45 minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:35 am

M.Steiner
"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."
:)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Lee
i'm in another crazy queue right now......
i can appreciate what they are saying, but, multiple waves over multiple days with a guild deployment rollout aswell - they should be pretty capable of stopping new chars being made on a busy server if not deployed (for a temporary period) to fill out the other servers and or bring new ones up to push them too.

but i suppose they are trying to do that too. well they have two days to official release and i can't really complain until they are out with the paid product... (he says with a sigh)
Eeks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Padishar
Word on the street (cloud) is that our server is massively overpopulated due to it being the "unofficial" Scandinavian Server,
just as Chuundar is the "unofficial" Russian one. Which means Guilds and Guilds are ignoring their placement by
Bioware and are relocating to our server, creating MASSIVE ques for the time being.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Ash
If this is the case would it be worth considering relocating?
or should we wait and see?

All i know is, when you have only a limited time to play sitting in queues for most of it is not
conducive to happiness.

:shake:
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm not 100% sure on the relocation idea. Honestly, I have to say that I'd like us to have a server that I can actually play on rather than one where I'm permanently unable to.

That said though, those of us who HAVE put up with queues over the last few days have spent a lot of time on their characters. Iirc Ava was Level 24 last night. I'm not 100% sure it would be fair to ask them to move at this point because of that.

But at the end of the day, if the situation is still the same in 2 weeks I'd have to say that we should consider it. If we didn't, I'd be sorely tempted just to roll on a US PvE server (where I'm guaranteed to never see a queue because of my playtime) and just play there. If we're going to consider moving at all, at any point, it's possibly better to do it sooner rather than later lest the problem re: some having spent time on their characters gets worse.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:17 pm

M.Steiner
Ash wrote:wait and see
I think :)

I know I've mentioned WoW a few times now but simply because it's a "been here, done that" situation. The horrendous server queues we were plagued with on Bladefist and most other servers at launch were only temporary and these will be too. I think it's a big shame that anyone who pre-ordered and was put on those servers has missed out on a lot of their early access because of said queues and they are indeed awful but I honestly don't think we need to start thinking about migrating elsewhere (and we haven't hit release yet either). They will have to do something about it and they will and are going to do already according to twitter/forums and quite frankly we shouldn't have to.
Right now it seems like it's taking an age and that they'll remain like this forever but they've said to bear with them and that they'll be increasing caps etc and I for one will trust em on that. I mean, if everyone puts their frustration aside for a moment does anyone believe that a developer like Bioware would leave servers with 3hr queues indefinitely?. Really?. I don't think so somehow :)
Just my 2 cents :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Iirc Ava was Level 24 last night. I'm not 100% sure it would be fair to ask them to move at this point because of that..
Missed your reply as we must've been writing at the same time hehe. - We actually have 4 people who are lvl 20 something now.

Just wait and see guys, it'll all be over in no time. No need for drastic measures so early on. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Ash
Started queue at 17:00 at 1600, crashes at ca. 900 at 19:00
And now I'm back at 1600 in the queue, wonderful way to spend a sunday evening.

Supposedly the queue time is < 1hr 40m, I think they need to understand the difference between < and >
yes I'm getting irritated, early access was supposed to prevent this with a phased introduction.
If they know what the problem is then they need to fix it,
official release on Tuesday is only going to make the matter worse.

Edit: - Errored again.

Edit 2: - Will be creating an alt on Jedi Covenant - Republic - Wulfe - Jedi Knight
Also as a note I see a Guild flag versus that server..... mmmmm
Ash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:42 pm

enlightened
Thanks for the information MS! It's almost release date so i'm thinking of just buying the actual copy but first I need to figure out if my very old computer will be able to run it :shaking:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 am

Padishar
Ash wrote:Started queue at 17:00 at 1600, crashes at ca. 900 at 19:00
And now I'm back at 1600 in the queue, wonderful way to spend a sunday evening.

Supposedly the queue time is < 1hr 40m, I think they need to understand the difference between < and >
yes I'm getting irritated, early access was supposed to prevent this with a phased introduction.
If they know what the problem is then they need to fix it,
official release on Tuesday is only going to make the matter worse.

Edit: - Errored again.

Edit 2: - Will be creating an alt on Jedi Covenant - Republic - Wulfe - Jedi Knight
Also as a note I see a Guild flag versus that server..... mmmmm
Oddly I had the same problem yesterday, its almost like the Que Server is soo overloaded that it cant handle the burden and errors out.

Also, and this is only speculation of course, but it seems if you are registered in a guild (with Bioware) it will flag the server that other guildies are on.

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”