Press Embargo Drops On Thursday

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Press Embargo Drops On Thursday

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Zephir
Get prepared for a ton of new info about the game.

It's been confirmed that the press embargo is being lifted and members of the press who have been playing beta will be allowed to publish articles.

In fact IGN are releasing a week long series of articles covering different aspects of the game
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

Re: Press Embargo Drops On Friday

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:21 pm

M.Steiner
Ah sweet, hopefully lots of positive impressions to come then.
IGN's first article should go up in around 40 minutes if I've got the times right. I will be F5ing :)

[Edit]
IGN's beta hub
They appear to have some impressions and info on companions, crafting, pvp & warzones and the trooper class. Awesome. Will start reading some of this shortly!
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks for the links guys :)

At first glance, Huttball looks like that something that could be great fun to do as a group. Might have to try and organise some parties when we get ingame!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Zephir
Here's a useful page containing links to articles produced as a result of the embargo drop

http://darthhater.com/2011/10/20/republ ... dia-event/
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Ash
Darth Hater has a list of beta articles released....

http://darthhater.com/2011/10/20/republ ... dia-event/

The Media Beta invite apparently had some restrictions,
they could only write articles on the Republic classes
and only until each class received their starship.

:D

EDIT : arghh!!!! Zeph posted whilst i was typing
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Zephir
Ash wrote:Darth Hater has a list of beta articles released....
EDIT : arghh!!!! Zeph posted whilst i was typing
You didn't know I was a NINJA!!!!!!! :lol:

Yes basically they were only allowed to play Republic and were restricted to playing until they received the starship.

What does that mean ?

Well, you get your ship at the end of you class quest on your faction homeworld at around level 12 to 15 so they got to play the class starting world which is Ord Mantell for non Jedi and Tython for Jedi, then at around level 8 or 9 you move on to Coruscant if you are Republic.

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”