Ingame moderators

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Ingame moderators

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:22 pm

M.Steiner
Right now the majority of the Sith guild is an officer but I simply did this as people joined so I could keep track and match TOR usernames with SSX forum names for the times they were different. We do not need every member to be a moderator once we get ingame though so it's probably best that we decide on who should stay at that position ingame and then demote everyone else to the member rank.
Considering we have a mix of both EU & US players it may be a good idea to have a likewise mix of mods too. That way we should (ideally) always have moderators online for both timezones.

Your responsibility ingame will basically be the ingame equivalent of moderating the forums but with a few extra jobs. Generally keeping things in-check and making sure everything is running smooth for us, kicking if really necessary (hopefully not) and assisting with recruitment. I may be in the GM spot and helping to push things forward for us thus far but I'll just be a moderator too. The idea is to work together as a team.

We don't mass recruit or anything so you won't be expected to do anything like that but if someone else in the guild (or yourself) has a friend they'd like inviting it is passed to the moderators to deal with. They should then be directed to our TOR website joining page initially and asked to sign up at our forums. You may also want to have a little chat with them afterwards (or play some content together) just to make sure we are what they are looking for and they are right for us too (i.e. not an idiot!). If you have any questions or want any advice on this you just have to ask one of us who has recruited for the group before. No problem.
Some of the mods may later decide to take on extra responsibilities like arranging group content for the guild and things like that but we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it. Another good reason to have a mix of mods from both regions.

Also I'm not saying "what I say goes" but I'd like to suggest before we even get ingame that the moderator positions are not necessarily to be assumed as a permanent one but will vary from person to person, myself included. As peoples circumstances, activity and contribution change I think it'd be a good idea to rotate that person with another suitable candidate should there be one available. At the end of the day it's a responsibility, not a status symbol and would be nothing personal. :)

So. Would any of you like to volunteer to be a moderator/officer when we get ingame?. Or like to nominate someone else to be one?. It doesn't matter if you've never been one before in a group of ours but having that experience will obviously benefit us. Thoughts? :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Ingame moderators

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:57 pm

SSX-Andy
I like the general idea of it.

We have a good core to build on, if that is what we desire once the game goes live. I have a feeling that the first weeks mostly will be spent experiencing the game and getting a feel for the story, with invites mostly going to ppl we meet while levelling and just enjoying life in space.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:06 pm

M.Steiner
It was a little early for picking moderators out when I posted this in advance so the response is understandable but I'm gonna bump it now.
We don't know exactly when early access will begin for people but for arguments sake I'm going to assume it'll be 1 week at most and maybe a day or two for those who pre-ordered late as they've said that it goes by the order in which we have redeemed our keys. So going by this I'd say we have 6 weeks left before our guild is imported into the game and some of us start playing. Not long at all really so probably best we pick this discussion back up I think. :thumb:

I still agree with everything I said in the OP and that it'd be a good idea for us to have an equal mix of ingame mods from both EU & the US. All timezones are covered for mod duties that way, it keeps things fair and both are represented. I do have my own ideas and opionions on which members could & should be mods too but I'm interested to hear what you guys think. :)
If it helps, take a quick look at the roster thread to see which of us will definitely be playing and use those as a guide. Some of the other members on there may still be playing too but they're either on the fence, have changed their mind or haven't confirmed yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'd suggest MS, Ava and Ash from EU, and Zeph and Mech from US personally.

I think 5-6 mods will be plenty for the time being, until we've grown a bit. Just my two cents though :)

If you're asking for volunteers, I wouldn't object to being one if people want to put me in the position. There are better candidates though I would suggest ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:26 am

Ash
Thanks Anny for the nomination, I would be happy to help out if I can,
although it has been a while. ;D

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:31 am

M.Steiner
Just to update I took the initiative and put everyone in the guild to the member rank besides 5 of you guys which I left as a mod/officer. I don't know how long BioWare will leave us with these admin tools out of game before they import us so I figured I'd make the call just incase we ended up with everyone a officer ingame lol.

I had the same people in mind as Anny actually though I've included Anny himself too. Not to justify each person really but; Anny's been a mod in other groups of ours, admin on the forums and has helped with recruitment before today too.
Ash & Zeph have both been with us for many many years too and should probably be 2 of the most experienced among us for knowing how we run best as a group, even if it has been a while hehe. Mech may not have been with us as long but has had leadership experience in the past, has the right ideas, would encourage our group activity and is our arbiter to boot. And Ava whom I've personally been hoping will be my right hand man so to speak. Sadly it doesn't look like BD will be joining us so that's one less person with the experience of running a group that I was hoping would be a part of the group but not to worry. However besides QD ofc, Ava pretty much ran the biggest & must successful group we've ever had here, which unfortunately had drama and crumbled ofc but his expertise in running a group of that size, with leadership, vision and recruitment... would be extremely positive for us I think and if he plays he's likely to be one of the most active too so fingers crossed.

There are several others who I could see as mods too don't get me wrong. Scorp if he joins us, Mess & Kahn the same, Snow too. But would get a bit ridiculous if we had 8+ mods not including myself lol. The above picks don't have to be permanent though and if anyone decides they don't want to be one or we decide on any other members in this thread that's fine. We can probably discuss adding a few other mods as we get bigger like Anny said too. One step at a time :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:47 am

SSX-Andy
Sounds like good suggestions to me. Unfortunately don't have much experience playing with our US members (yet), but I have the utmost confidence in the suggested moderators. We will get a great start in this game and hopefully establish ourselves quickly as a friendly and great guild in game.

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”