SWTOR PreLaunch Guild Setup

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Re: SWTOR PreLaunch Guild Setup

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Kon
Fair enough. I guess I am just more optimistic than some of you, and have a hard time seeing the membership take off when the game goes gold. :p
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:51 pm

SSX-Andy
Have placed my pre-order for the game.

Now its just wait and see if the game will be released this year or not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:31 am

SSX-Andy
Applied for the guild.

Lets see where we can get this thing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:17 am

Chimera
Rad. Applied for the guild.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:00 am

Kon
It's good to see more and more people here pre-ordering the game, or at least showing interest. You guys are all tempting me to try it out. Certainly no promises though. You know how I am with games. It makes it very hard to commit to an MMO subscription. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:41 am

Axavier
Applied under the name Axavier.
"Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition."

"You tell kids today that, and they won't believe you. No, no, they won't."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:32 pm

Messiah
Not sure how much I'll be able to play, but I applied as Messiah-
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Chimera
Look at it this way Messiah, at least you don't have to build a city in the middle of nowhere this time around...
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:06 pm

M.Steiner
Hope nobody minds but I decided to sticky this thread for the time being. Stops it from disappearing too far down the page without bumping it. The more of us that get joined up to either guild the better! :D :thumb:
(Links to both the Sith & Republic guilds are in the opening post on page 1)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:06 pm

M.Steiner
Question please. Who are "Shadzeh" and "Maxiange"?
You're both already in the Sith guild (welcome aboard!), I just don't recognise the names? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Since we've spent a while this evening discussing some of this in IRC, I thought I'd post to let those of you who weren't around know what I am intending with regards to the guild forum nearer release.

When an official release date is released, I will more than likely settle on a date about a month before release to setup the guild forum. This is because I feel that discussions on a number of topics will need to happen prior to launch, such as server type/location, guild orientation (raiding/casual/in-between), officers, etc.

I don't want to start these discussions just yet, because I don't think there's enough information been released yet about some things (notably raids) in order for us to make a concrete judgement on some of these issues. For now, I'm just making everyone aware of what I'm intending at this point. I think it'll be important for us to start off with a solid picture of what we want the guild to be - lest we ultimately suffer from the kind of problems WoW EU ultimately did. Hopefully this will help in that :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:03 am

M.Steiner
Just thinking we may want to create the forum a little over a month before the release, perhaps two. Just to take into account the early access which could be 7 days as I'm assuming our guild will have been imported at this time since all characters etc will lead straight into retail. Gives us plenty of time to make sure we have picked the correct selections for our guild (i.e sticking with a Europe server or changing it to US East or West). We won't know for sure yet but Phase3 of the guild program (where we have to confirm our guild for importing) could be a couple of weeks before early access begins but that's just a guess, if so said TOR forum may not have been up very long.

But yeah there's a few things we could do with discussing before we get ingame. Just a few from our IRC discussions tonight which don't need discussing now but the list can serve as a reminder for us once Anny opens the TOR forum at a later date;
  • Make a list of the people who have joined the pre-launch guild and mark off the people who will *definitely* be playing just incase some don't end up subscribing. Best to get a clear idea of who will be playing rather than assuming all of us will. Right now we have 14 members in the Sith guild. It would be fantastic to think that all of us (and hopefully a few more) will be playing the game for certain from day 1. If so this could be the best head start to a game we've ever had.
  • Do we keep the guild on a EU server or change it to US East or US West?. When I created the guild most of us showing interest in the game were from EU but we have equal US folk now too and it's only fair to put that out there before we submit for importing. As with the above though not all are guaranteed to sub just yet.
  • Who to keep as Officers? So far I have promoted all but 2 people simply to differentiate from the names I recognise to the ones I don't. Once the guild goes live we don't all need to be mods and it'll be best kept to a few.
  • PvE/PvP groups within the guild etc. Can't discuss until we know numbers but it's best we do when that time comes.
^Can forget about these for now but we'll post these up for discussion closer to release.

We'll most likely have an SSX TOR website too like we have some of our previous groups so any final decisions we make on server locations, raiding, guild focus and any other stuff will have to be written into our joining page on the site before the game goes live. Then everything's clear and out there not just for us but people who may join us ingame too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 am

Ash
Those large scale Beta weekends start up in September,
dependent upon whether they have an NDA or not may influence the forum start up date,
as if no NDA would indicate a sudden increase of available information.

Only one Raid being shipped at release - The Eternity Vault and I believe you are correct in holding
any discussion about that off until further information is available.

:)
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmmm, I was actually thinking a month may be too long rather than not enough time :lol:

Lets wait for the release date and then see what we think. No harm in having it open a little longer if needbe :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:04 am

Kixi
WOW, was lookin though the guilds on the websites seeing if there was any intresting ones then i saw SSX! brings back memories of vanilla WoW, I used to be in the guild hehe, anyways i applyed under my name Shiddix <3 good to see you are still up and running!
KIXI

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Chaos
Maxiange is me, since Chaos was already taken. I haven't been around much although i do lurk in IRC. I was lucky enough to get a beta invite for TOR. So i will definitely be playing when the game goes live.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:22 am

M.Steiner
Awesome, thanks guys. Got almost everyone accounted for now except for "Shadzeh" who I'm still unsure of with forum names. :thumb:

Also it's good to see you found us again, Kixi!. It has been a long time but it'll be nice to have you with us ingame once again ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:51 pm

NF
Arbiter
Good to see you guys readying up for this game, been keeping my eye on it for a while and desperate for a good MMO to get in to.

Duly applied for guild.. :thumb:

Character name is Rhorek
NF

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:39 am

Kon
Seeing everyone here lining up for this game is really tempting me to the dark side... *bu-dum-tish*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 pm

M.Steiner
The Sith guild now has 18 members including you, Kahn. ;)
Once we get the TOR forum up I'll make a thread to note down exactly who has pre-ordered or can guarantee they'll be playing so we can get an accurate idea of launch numbers. Ideally I would hope that everyone who joined has every intention of actually playing the game, putting activity levels aside ofc. Otherwise things will be looking better than they really are. But we shall see.
I'm thrilled to see so many of us applying though. Haven't been this excited for a new group in years so would be nice to see even more members come play with us, help make something great together. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Zephir
Oooooooh

Phase 2 of the Pre-Launch Guild Program has started

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... dit9267818
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:51 pm

M.Steiner
I wonder how long this phase will last.. next phase is importation.
Will have to make sure we've made our final decisions on server region/officers etc at some point before then. At some point in phase3 all of the guild administration features will be removed from the website and taken ingame, once they do that I cannot change our guilds characteristics, namely server choice. They do say they'll give guilds enough time to meet the importing criteria (pre-ordering / confirming we're still active) but it isn't clear exactly when those functions will disappear. Beginning/middle/end of phase3?. hmm.

btw for the time being I have left the guild invites and allies/adversaries turned off by default.
As I've been promoting people as they join when I know for sure who they are all but one of us is currently an officer on there. Wouldn't want invites getting out of hand if everyone suddenly had that ability. Hope nobody minds.
The allies/adversaries is probably best turned off too for the time being since it's not 100% certain we'll end up on a EU server and guilds need to be of the same. I'll create a poll for this once we have a TOR forum up and give you US members the chance to vote for changing our server location from a EU one to US East or West. We did have more EU members to begin with which is why I created it as such but it's about evened out now. Only fair to check.
(Or maybe we should have those before we have a forum up.. Will see. I'd rather decisions like that were made sooner rather than leaving until the last minute.)

We'll draft up a rollcall list in the near future and decide who we'll keep in those officer positions for when we get ingame and have that server poll too. Once we've decided on those I'll enable it again. :)
In the mean time if there's anyone you'd like to recruit have them drop by here and say hello as you would normally!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-MS wrote:(Or maybe we should have those before we have a forum up.. Will see. I'd rather decisions like that were made sooner rather than leaving until the last minute.)
Leave it till we have the forum up, to avoid spamming General. We'll sort something out on that front in the next week or two.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Kon
The TOR EU servers are being hosted in Ireland. No idea where the US servers are being hosted. It really all depends on how many West Coast players we have. As you can see, it's really kind of a crap shoot all around.

Worst case EU distance - 958 miles (Dresden to Cork)
Best case US West to East - 2,256 miles (San Diego to Richmond)
Best case US East to EU - 2,927 miles (Boston to Cork)
UK to US East - 3,126 miles (Liverpool to Boston)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Ash
From what I understand and read somewhere the North American servers are going to be spread out
East/ West coast and not in a single server farm.

Additional

Taken from an interview with Stephen Reid at Eurogamer Expo
And then the US servers are going to be on east coast and west coast.
So it doesn't really matter where. Any major metropolitan city in that case is going to be fine.
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”