Star Wars: The Old Republic

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:54 pm

M.Steiner
IRC last night wrote:01:11 @SSX-MS - I wants a release date from this panel tomorrow
yayyyyy.
I was expecting a release date very soon but I did think the panel today was wishful thinking. Massive TOR background on the IGN PC site, phase 2 of the pre-launch guilds and then the regular friday update (video on companions). Stuff hasn't been coming out that fast before.
So 20th Dec for US and 22nd for EU. So either the day before or the day after Ava's birthday. I'm cool with that :D

I'll have a proper read of that press release when I've had something to eat. Fantastic news to get up to. Thanks for posting Anny :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Ash
Typical release date is during my most hectic time of the year....
o well atleast it is this year and only a couple of months away.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Zephir
Pricing info has been released :)

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110924

The usual $14.99 per month with a 3 and 6 month option for a small saving.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Zephir wrote:Pricing info has been released :)

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110924

The usual $14.99 per month with a 3 and 6 month option for a small saving.
Not bad! Hopefully it won't be long before they announce the payment methods too. Once I know that, I'll preorder.

MS has put up a news post. Hopefully the start of many for TOR :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Scorpius
Son of a B................... Best book some holidays up.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:38 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Hopefully it won't be long before they announce the payment methods too. Once I know that, I'll preorder.
Pre-order FAQ has been updated.

I don't want to pay my subscription using a credit card. Is there any other way to purchase subscription time?
You can use your PayPal account to pay for your monthly subscription. You can also purchase 60-day pre-paid subscription cards through your preferred video game retailer.

;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:42 am

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-MS wrote:
Anubis wrote:Hopefully it won't be long before they announce the payment methods too. Once I know that, I'll preorder.
Pre-order FAQ has been updated.

I don't want to pay my subscription using a credit card. Is there any other way to purchase subscription time?
You can use your PayPal account to pay for your monthly subscription. You can also purchase 60-day pre-paid subscription cards through your preferred video game retailer.

;)
Ah, excellent. That's what I have been waiting to hear - thanks MS :)

I'll sort out my pre-order next week in that case. Happy to do so now that I have all the information I want.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:05 am

Ash
I have just had a thought (I know very strange) with regards to the split release and early access.

The servers (we are told) are not region locked, so Europeans can play in North America and vice versa.
So by having a split release, instead of the population being split over two server clusters I am sure a number
will play in North America just to see what the game is like before the Euro Servers come online.

Unless Early Access starts on the same day for both server clusters they may actually end up
with a higher user loading than they anticipated.

:D
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:51 pm

M.Steiner
They did say that the sooner people redeem their pre-order codes the sooner our early access will start. Since both US & EU have been able to pre-order and redeem from the same date I would like to assume that early access will begin at the same time for both. Either way our guild should be ingame before the 2 street dates so that's the main thing, no waiting around for one side of the world. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Preordered, and cot my code through. Tired now though, so I'll redeem it tomorrow.

Quite excited for December 22nd :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:08 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Preordered, and cot my code through. Tired now though, so I'll redeem it tomorrow.
Quite excited for December 22nd :D
:thumb: :thumb:
And yeah. Since we got a date my excitement for the game has really rocketed, that made it all the more real. It's quite funny how it's only with TOR & this potentially great new group of ours that I've gained any interest in SW (with not being a big sci-fi fan and generally disliking stuff like that), to go from that to looking forward to this game more than something like BF3.. Never saw that coming :p
Can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:00 pm

M.Steiner
Just linked this on IRC so some of you may have read it already or seen it posted elsewhere but it's a good read :)

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/30/the-o ... c-preview/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:38 pm

SSX-Andy
Starting to get really excited about this game too.

Playing Global Agenda some now, to pass the time and get a bit of sci fi mmorpg feel going.

To bad xmas is short this year (in regards with days off from work), or maybe thats for the better. No time to visit family means more time in front of the computer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-Andy wrote:Starting to get really excited about this game too.

Playing Global Agenda some now, to pass the time and get a bit of sci fi mmorpg feel going.

To bad xmas is short this year (in regards with days off from work), or maybe thats for the better. No time to visit family means more time in front of the computer.
They announced the date about 4 days after I told my boss I was happy to work Christmas (national holidays aside). Great timing! :(

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”