FS2 Campaign

Shivans, space crack and the SCP.

Moderator: Global Moderators

FS2 Campaign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:37 am

Indigo64
Does anyone know if there's a hack/mod/a way to play FS2 Campaign in a LAN game per chance? I REALLY want to show a friend what the game's like, but his only time is around me, and I know he won't play it on his own. Plus I might get another one to play online with SSX... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:25 pm

QuantumDelta
If anyone'll do it, it's HLP.

If it's done, I'd like to acquire it.
If it's not done, I wish more of them would think "OHHH! MULTIPLAYER!!!" when... they don't... a lot of them concentrate on single player stuff....
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:57 pm

BlackDove
Yeah, this is really a question for HLP.

Although I do remember this was possible.....quite some time ago tho.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:07 am

Indigo64
Someone told me it could be done when I asked on SSC a while back, and I don't think it ever really got answered. It would make my day if there was such a thing.

HLP? I'm guessing that's the new dev team behind the current online iteration of FS2? Sorry, still learning the new acronyms.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:37 am

BlackDove

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:55 am

BlueFlames
It wouldn't be too terribly difficult to convert the FS2 campaign into a two to four player co-op campaign, just tedious. You'd need to extract all the missions from the main *.vp file, open them one-by-one in FRED2, check the co-op box in the 'Mission Specs' dialogue, mark all four ships in Alpha wing as player ships (that might be automatic, but I don't recall), save each mission with a new file name, recompile the campaign file with the new missions (making sure they're in order and have the proper advancement conditions), and for convinience, compile that mess of files into a new *.vp file.

Not difficult, just incredibly time-consuming, given the size of the main FS2 campaign, which is why I doubt if anybody has done it yet. It probably wouldn't take too much arm-twisting to get someone at HLP to convert a few of the missions or the old demo missions to co-op though.
Shattered Star Exiles: A schism. A bond. A squad.
"I don't know what's more twisted: blowing up ambulances or setting it to Huey Lewis." --Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:10 pm

c
Someone has converted the main campaign for multi IIRC. A search on the HLP forums should bring results.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:21 am

Raptoid
I'm pretty sure this is possible, but I wont swear on it, someone gave the instructions on it I would be obligated to do it, only way I could think to do it is make like missions on FRED and just play em like that -_-
Mannoroth - Raptoid - Paladin - 57

"First to fight, last to run"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:36 am

Ambush
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

Return to “FreeSpace”