Warhammer MMO anyone?

Find our valiant heroes fighting the fight on the =US=Order and =US=Destruction Servers!

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:50 am

Futile Resistance
Grrr... Wish I had nabbed a key when they were available. I'm sure I'll find alternative means.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Ruhn
So....who is going to play fer sure? on EU servers that is :O!
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:18 pm

M.Steiner
Found out where to buy that gear from, tier2 keeps. Only problem is i've never seen Order hold one lol. I could prolly get me some nice gear from there too already (Rank 11 / Renown 10 or 11).

Dunno whether i would play retail or not yet, i've certainly been enjoying myself with the rvr stuff so far but whether that would get repetative at some point i don't know.
My monitor does keep going into power save mode after i've been playing for a while so i suspect i need a new card too, but i knew that anyway. Might see if i can replace it when i have some spare cash, don't think there's much point getting anything high end though since my PSU couldn't handle it. Could do with a completely new system really lol.

If i could run the game better by just replacing my card (6800GS :/) i would be more likely to sub to this than when i can afford a subscription than to resub to NC lets say that. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Scorpius
I'll be playing on destruction side Ruhn.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Scorpius
SSX-MS wrote:Found out where to buy that gear from, tier2 keeps. Only problem is i've never seen Order hold one lol. I could prolly get me some nice gear from there too already (Rank 11 / Renown 10 or 11).

Dunno whether i would play retail or not yet, i've certainly been enjoying myself with the rvr stuff so far but whether that would get repetative at some point i don't know.
My monitor does keep going into power save mode after i've been playing for a while so i suspect i need a new card too, but i knew that anyway. Might see if i can replace it when i have some spare cash, don't think there's much point getting anything high end though since my PSU couldn't handle it. Could do with a completely new system really lol.

If i could run the game better by just replacing my card (6800GS :/) i would be more likely to sub to this than when i can afford a subscription than to resub to NC lets say that. :)
That could be your monitor. does it happen with anyother game ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:13 pm

M.Steiner
I seem to remember it happening a few months back when i was playing Stalker too, yep. Haven't really played any PC games since then up until now that is. :)

Anyone played the Stone Troll Crossing (or any other tier2) scenario btw? I was queuing for that for a good hour or so this aft but noone seems to be playing it yet :(. Typical too now that i'm too high for Nordenwatch lol.
Last edited by M.Steiner on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Lee
I started following the develpment but never got in beta. I havent pre-ordered as I didnt know if it would be worth it (others playing & is it bobbins?).

Anyone beta-ing want to give the run down of how it is now? Can use examples of other games too to define your points...
It may be moot, the computer would need changing before I could play it I imagine.

Sorry if you've been in NC. I have only had time at weekends and they turned out spent up in bolton (far away from my 'puter).
Eeks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:03 pm

Ruhn
Scorpius wrote:I'll be playing on destruction side Ruhn.
same here, prolly shaman or black orc :O did you made you choice already?
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:16 pm

M.Steiner
I really like how you gain general exp as well as the renown exp from participating in RvR (and can do that right from the start), very refreshing. I'd say i probably gained at least half of my characters levels through constant playing of the Nordland tier1 scenario and found that much more fun at times than questing. Good way of getting you used to playing your character at the lower levels too imo.

I've been playing a bright wizard for the past few days which has been much fun, not sure what i'd go for if i eventually start playing retail.. Anyone played Magus? I like casters and pets so that might suit me (and i loved playing my warlock ^^).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:37 pm

Ruhn
SSX-MS wrote:I really like how you gain general exp as well as the renown exp from participating in RvR (and can do that right from the start), very refreshing. I'd say i probably gained at least half of my characters levels through constant playing of the Nordland tier1 scenario and found that much more fun at times than questing. Good way of getting you used to playing your character at the lower levels too imo.

I've been playing a bright wizard for the past few days which has been much fun, not sure what i'd go for if i eventually start playing retail.. Anyone played Magus? I like casters and pets so that might suit me (and i loved playing my warlock ^^).
The magus is pretty cool to play with....only that UFO hes standing on is so retarded xD But seriously try the shaman :O!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:37 am

M.Steiner
Ruhn wrote:only that UFO hes standing on is so retarded xD
lol. I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks that, it does indeed look ridiculous :p

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:26 am

Ruhn
SSX-MS wrote:
Ruhn wrote:only that UFO hes standing on is so retarded xD
lol. I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks that, it does indeed look ridiculous :p

HAHAHAHHAH MAGUS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Scorpius
WitchElf all the way baby :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:12 pm

SSX-Andy
Haven't tried the beta, but pre-booked a copy. Gonna give it a try and see whether I like it or not.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Ruhn
..Im able to play tomorrow already with the early headstart! :D

Im going to server ''Eltharion''...taking with me some friends so...hope some of you join me there aswell :)!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:51 pm

Padishar
Am on =US=
Badlands (Destruction) and Ironfist (Order) atm.
Both are core ruleset servers.

But why? Aren't I a pvp'r, you might ask?
Weeeeeellll, I have AoC for that. Also all rulesets have BG's and RvR PvP Contention Area's.
Plus I learned my lesson with Dark Age of Camelot and World of Warcraft.

I will still look into it,
and am not adverse to playing Open RVR,
which is still not FULL pvp like AoC and Shadowbane (true PvP MMO's).
I just want to make sure it is not implemented in a silly fashion (pointless griefing without consequence),
as both DAoC and WoW were.

[thmb]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.massi ... r_1024.jpg[/thmb]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:52 am

Ruhn
A little update,

Ok wel me and some friends started playing Destro on Eltharion server. And I fell in love with the black orc ^^! yay! ..so who started playing on EU server and im enjoying myself even more with WAR than I did with WoW. Hope to see some of you guys there soon.

My ingame name is Ruhn ofc, gimme a call!

<3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:33 pm

SSX-Andy
Been trying out a few different classes. Not sure what I'll stick with, but playing a Disciple of Khaine currently.

Enjoying it a lot in pvp. White Lion was also a blast in the scenarios.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Ruhn
ha me and andy finally met ingame ^^! yay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Scorpius
Created a Chosen named Kaldriss as Scorpius seems taken bastids.
More than likely settle for a Witchelf tho really enjoyed playing one of those in opne beta.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Ozone
Got it (US). Plan on loading up in an hour or two. Most likely going to go to 'Ironfist', where many of the WoW folk seem to have gone.

This is all dependent, of course, on how my Mac is gonna handle it. When I boot up in Windows I'm restricted to 2gigs RAM, 2x 2gHz processors and a Radion X1600 card.

Fingers crossed...
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:18 pm

Ruhn
Okay, since the server ''Eltharion'' was kinda full, we had to option to change to ''Tiranoc'' ....nore more queues yaarrrr so Andy and Scrop.. hope you read this ^^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:36 pm

Ozone
KK, running beautiful. All I'm thinking is that its a hybrid child of Guild Wars and WoW. Anyways, I'll give the month a go.

Here's where I'm at (I'll update as I go along):

Ironfist server: Dwarf Ironbreaker named 'Tectonic'
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:04 pm

SSX-Andy
Ruhn wrote:Okay, since the server ''Eltharion'' was kinda full, we had to option to change to ''Tiranoc'' ....nore more queues yaarrrr so Andy and Scrop.. hope you read this ^^
No queues on eltharion anymore from what ive seen so far and very low population on tiranoc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:55 am

Scorpius
Try Axebite pass server me and Base have toons there now.
Scrop ? I'm so going to make you hurt Ruhn :lol:
I'll create some on this other server tho.

Return to “Warhammer Online”