Getting to know you

We currently have guilds across the =US=Doomsayer(PVP), =US=Thog(PVE), and =EU=Wildsoul(PVP) servers!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Getting to know you

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:40 am

Magdalena
Well we've had some great folks team up with us so far in AoC, and are asking them to get in here and post a little something about themselves before being voted on. It seems a couple have been unsure on where or what to post, and I remember coming on this forum for the first time was a bit overwhelming too, so I wanted to give them a place to start.

Just a small place to introduce themselves, what games/real life activities they enjoy, and what are some of your favorite things about AoC?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:52 am

Magdalena
Just to give ya'll an example, I'll do one for myself.

Most of you know me in AoC as Ahnyanka. My online gaming adventures started with the Tribes series, after which I played FFXI for a while before moving to WoW. I've been looking for a new MMO to catch my interest since going back to WoW after BC was released, hoping to find something I could keep playing with the group I'd found in WoW (SSX). The only thing I logged into WoW for was my friends here at SSX as the game itself hasn't been fun since their expansion.

After finding a couple of mates were already playing and raving about this game, my husband and I quickly went out and got it to give it a try. I've been hooked since the first night. I love the immersion of the game as well as the unique pvp aspect and am very excited both to get to sieges as well as getting to build my next character. Leveling in this game hasn't been the boring grind of other games at least to me, has more of the feeling of console games I've enjoyed rather than just doing it because I have to in order to get to the end-game fun stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:09 pm

undrin
Here is one for me.

Most of you know me in both games as Undrin. I started gaming years ago with RPGs. My first MMO was WoW and loved the game. I have been looking for something to keep me interested during the times that I can play since most of the SSX WoW group are evening time players. I really enjoy this game and can't wait to get the full feeling of the new style of PvP.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:45 pm

Sergetov
Hello all,

My online game is Sergetov, but you can call me Eddie if that is too wierd for you. I'm 28, and I've played online games for a very long time. I usually do any sort of games, to include DoW, Starwars Galaxies, WoW, AoC, CoV/CoH, Tabula Rasa, CoD4, Battlefield 2142, and a bunch of others.

My other hobbies include playing my Ukulele, and table top games, warhammer 40k specifically. I'm currently stationed in Stuttgart Germany, where I'm currently serving in the US Army. I have a wonderful wife, and two awesome boys, who fetch me all the drinks I want while I play = P.

I like to joke around, and I'm all about having a good time. Oh yeah, I also like collecting Russian Memorabilia. The following is a picture of me.

And here is one of my little (not so little) brother and me. I'm the good looking one.

Anyways, I hope to see you all in game, whenever I finally get a chance to play.

Sergetov

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:06 am

Enhia
hi all,

I have joined SSX today. Had a great welcome and support already.
I am a big time mmo player but new to conan - i love grouping and team play so dont hesitate bugging me.
I see ya around.

Enhia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:44 pm

Trixster
Well guess i better jump on as well.

Hi I am Jack and i am an Alcoholic.

wait wrong forum....

I play Starbuck on AOC doomsayer,

Played A LOT of online games,
quake, doom, tribes 1, 2 and 3 (yes i admit it I did play the third one 2)
FFXI, WOW, call of duty, Battle field 1942, BF2 , and the other BF 2010 or something like that. and now AOC.

I work hard as a server and storage eng. so as most of you know i like to play hard 2.

Things i love about AOC:
I feel like i am getting the story while i level not a wall of text.
It takes skill to win at PVP

ok i did it now you guys can quit calling me a slacker.
Currently playing BF2142 as Starbuck989

"If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?""
Quote by Will Rogers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:58 pm

undrin
Slacker.. whoops I guess I can't call you that anymore. Darn it all. :smack:

I will find somethign I promise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:09 pm

Padishar
Hey,
I'm Pad or **** (split personalities) mattering on the day of the week :sweat:
Am an avid game player, have been since forever...
Here is a quick list of meh MMO experience:

MMO Experience:
AOL Neverwinter Nights (1993-95), Meridian 59 (1995), Ultima Online (1998) + Expansions, Asherons Call (beta and retail DT: 2 Nov 1999 2005) + Expansions, Asherons Call 2 (beta), Everquest + Expansions, Everquest 2 (beta and retail), Anarchy Online (beta and retail), EVE Online (beta and retail) + (Revelations 1&2), Rubies of Eventide (beta and retail), Shadowbane (beta and retail) + Expansions (beta and retail), AutoAssault (beta), City of Heroes (beta and retail), City of Villains, Conquer Online, Dark Age of Camelot (Alpha AND Closed/Open Beta), Darkspace, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Fung Wan Online (beta and retail), Guild Wars (beta and retail) + Expansions, Hero Online, Horizons (beta and retail), Lineage II (beta), Planeshift (beta), Martial Heroes, Myth War Online, SilkRoad Online, Runescape (beta), Rakion, Star Wars Galaxies (beta), The Matrix Online (beta), World of Warcraft (beta and retail) + Expansion (3+ years), ArchLord (beta), Neocron (beta and retail), Neocron 2, Project Entropia (beta) Entropia Universe (retail), Mu Online, Puzzle Pirates, Planetside (beta), Dreamlords (beta), Lord of the Rings Online (beta), 9Dragons (beta and retail), 2Moons (beta and retail), Dungeon Runners, Fury (beta),Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (beta), Exteel (beta and retail), Tabula Rasa (beta and retail), Age of Conan (beta and retail), Hellgate: London (beta and retail)

Not to mention:
Old 80s BBS linked multiplayer games,
MUDs and a couple other MMOs I have forgotten.
Countless computer games, both single and multiplayer
(got first computer in early 80s, been nonstop computer gaming ever since)

On my list to beta test or check out soon:
Ryzom: Ring (yes still have not looked into this game)
SecondLife (or this one)
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (looking forward to this game)

hi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:03 pm

suggz
hey, i posted one of these on a dif thread a few days back but here is another.....
My RL name is Matt or you can call me by my in game name Suggz, i am 22 years old and i live in orange county CA. i play a bear shaman on the doomsayer server. the first MMO i played was city of hero's, and that got old fast so i moved on to WoW....i loved that game but it did start to get old once i hit 70 then BC came out and gave the game some new life. I play a lot of game on my xbox 360 too but AoC has taken over....lets see why i like AoC, well aside from the awesome graphics the game does not feel like WoW or CoH, its a whole new type of game with all the things i liked about the others. in both of the other games i played i made in game friends but the guilds i was apart of were never this big and they were not this organized...and thats was one thing i was always looking for. some other things i enjoy are having a good time with my friends, movies (big movie buff), music mostly Funk, soul, and hip hop not the stuff they play on the radio so dont worry i dont think im a thug :D. well thats just about all i got if anyone sees me on just give me a shout i would love to chat it up or group with ya. hope to get to know you guys...have a good one and stay up.
"full strength like a cyclops eye drops"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:59 pm

Choocho
Hey guys!

I've played many many mmo's.! From Lineage II to the piece of crap World of Warcraft and some other free games. I've never actually a REAL guild so it's nice to actually find an active and working guild.

So yeah, I'm looking for to playing with you guys in-game.

MUAAHAAHAH

I'm 17 btw.. deal with it

Duro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:50 pm

duronnan
I joined the a couple of days ago and am a RLF of Sergetov's. We are both stationed in Stuttgart, Germany and have been playing WOW together for a couple years. Anyway, my name is Willis, I'm 27 and have a wife and a 20 month old son. I like playing games and drinking (not everynight, but often enough to list it as a hobby). I am glad to have been invited to play with you all, and I hope to have some good times while playing AOC. :thumb:

The Norwegian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Andrimner
Hey hello folks... i just joined the SSX crew on the Doomsayer server, well i guess im still in trial period.

I have been a gamer since i was 10-12 years old, usually playing FPS and strategy games online/LAN + Travelling around participating in LAN Parties and their Competitions...

I Didnt start with MMO before WoW and to be honest, WoW was kinda slow paste for me, and i was telling all my friends about how i would wish a MMO should be like... and so came AOC :D and im totally hooked.

Im from Norway but live in Virginia Beach working for NATO for the next three years

Im rigth around the corner to become 21 years old, and because ive been living in the us for a year now... in a month i have some drinking to do.... my gaming time may go down a litte for the first couple of weeks but that will just be temporary...

Well i think thats it, if you r intrested in knowing some more... im on the Ventrilo server everyday im gaming...

MMO RPG Experience:
AOC
WoW
Guildwars
Starwars galaxies
Oblivion
Warhammer (not the computer game)
Travian

Trond Andre

Hey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 am

becokjr
So i was finally able to create an account after the 15th try haha. You will see me as Becokjr in game. My real name is shane and im 19. I work at circuit city as a manager so i always got the hook up on the newest gadgets. I have been with shattered stars for almost two weeks now so vote me in! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Risalt
Hey all im a new initiate to the guild. RL name is Ian and I play as Risalt. Im a 23 yr old chemist with vague plans of going back to school for grad studies or something. Didn't really like WoW was too slow paced for me, did however really enjoy shadowbane for a time however. Now I'm up and running in AoC and loving it when I get to play. Only met a few people in the group so far, but I'm hoping to have some awesome adventures with everyone soon. :thumb: and ya i totally emote

thuggybear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:38 pm

thuggybear
i will try not to be a boar so here goes. My name is bill and have been playing rpg games for way to long started out in neverwinter night (the first one not the remake) from their progress through uo, eq, eq2, starwars, guild wars, wow and now aoc and i have prob missed a few alone the way i play to have fun and meet people from all over, like working with other people i enjoy the trade skills part of rpg's will always help you if i can. although i am usaly the one that needs help. i am married over 25 years to this one have 2 kids 20 and 32 and if that is not enough of a hint yes i am a old fart 52 but still young at heart. i look foward to meeting you in game but have a bad habbit of not always watching guild chat all the time when fighting so just keep trying sooner or later (usaly later) i will look at chat.
till then i reamin you servent
thuggybear :eek: :eek: :eek:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:47 pm

undrin
Welcome see you in game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Dekora
I have been playing MMORPG's for a long time now. Starting with Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, Lineage II, through World of Warcraft. I liked Anarchy Online so I decided to give AoC a try when it came out and became hooked. The locations and voice over's sucked me in and I am not big on story lines in MMORPG's. In previous MMORPG's quests were just a means to an end to get better gear and levels. This is one is different or I am older now so I look at it differently. I do not have a high level toon but I skip half of the quests and still never grind. There are so many quests there always seems to be someting to do. I am sure there is a wall out there at high levels but I have not hit it yet.

I am looking for a guild I can support along the way as well as participate with for the end game content.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:53 pm

undrin
Welcome to SSX. I know it has been a little quite in game recently, but that should change soon. As quite a few of our members are coming back after sometime away due to real life getting in the way. Also with the announcment of server merges, things should be kicking up!!

I have seen you in game a few times, but I think you have your guild chat in another window or just not on. So if you see me online hit me up.

I play mostly Undrin or Ethos! :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:21 am

Dekora
I somehow moved my guild chat to another window and have not figured out how to integrate it back with the main window. Sorry did not mean to blow you off. I need to get that fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:23 am

undrin
No problem. If you are able to get into vent sometime I can explain how to get it back or I can try and type it out here for you. Hope things are going well. We missed you tonight as we had some people back that have been gone due to the hurrican.

Return to “Age of Conan”