Fractale

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Fractale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:04 pm

M.Steiner
Posted about this series back in Nov & Dec in the season recommendations thread but rather than keep bumping that I thought I'd start a new thread.
So is anyone else going to be watching Fractale this season? :)
SSX-MS wrote:Sure does have a Ghibli-esque feel to it which is not a bad thing at all, positive infact. Shame the trailer wasn't longer as I'd have liked to have seen more but that being said I'll definitely be checking this out. Finally a new show to look forward to. :)
I stick by that now that I've seen episode one. Definitely a strong Miyazaki likeness going on there. That appears to be a popular reaction to the first episode too heh. Mebbe his work was a big influence? Wouldn't be surprising.

It's hard to judge any show from just the first episode alone (which also reminded me of Castle in the Sky a little bit) but I really like what I've seen so far and look forward to next weeks ep. After so much shite and mediocrity these past seasons (and upcoming) I hope this turns out to be something special. Story looks like it'll be interesting to watch as it delves deeper, characters are already likeable and the art is very pretty. Off to a promising start I'd say and one (the only one perhaps?) to watch for this season methinks!
Oh and the OP is pretty crazy. Like a video you'd expect to see to Tomorrow Never Knows. Very psychedelic. (For the uncultured that is a Beatles song from "Revolver". Also one of the greatest albums of all time :p ;). Infact they go better together than the anime music lol.)

Click to enlarge
(Pic2) Nausicaa anyone?

Roll on next week.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Fractale

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:11 am

SSX-Ava
Really good first episode. Looking forward to more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:30 pm

BlackDove
By the way guys, if you can, update me on how this one is going.

I saw the first ep, but I was not highly impressed due to a few factors.

However, watching only one episode isn't enough to judge shit.

So if you can, give me your appraisals continuously.

It's not as if we overuse the goddamn board or anything.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:01 am

Stracius
It's not highschool angst, pantsu, or harem focused moe anime so it was already a good contender for season leader (imo). The plot, while seeming to revolve around a theme of mankind's reliance on technology, is still refreshingly original. What is SciFi, after all, if not the dilemma of mankind, technology, and ethics about how they interact? It's hard to say how this one will deal with those three topics in only three episodes, but I have to say it's been promising so far.

There are a few storyline details I might nickpick about (visors that allow you to hear visual hallucinations?). Fortunately, they haven't detracted from the show and can be overlooked.

This is easily my pick for the season. It remains to be seen how it will rate overall.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:43 am

SSX-Ava
Just watched ep 4. I like the characters, I like the world they live in and I'm finding it interesting discovering more about the fractale system.

Its been very lighthearted so far apart from this last episode which was a little more serious. Where they go from here I've no idea but I'm enjoying the ride.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:44 pm

M.Steiner
Hopefully we'll get to learn some more about Phryne in the next episode, going by how this one ended.
A tad more serious this week now that the conflict has properly kicked off, sure is intensifying now and we're only 4 eps in. Still leaving us with lots of questions but I like that.

Fractale is developing very nicely indeed. I've got quite a lot of shows on the go right now with some of the best tv drama out there (Mad Men S4, Boardwalk Empire, starting a Sopranos rewatch..) but Fractale has turned into one of those highlights for me. Hopefully this will continue to go from strength to strength.
Sadly there appears to be a break next week :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Stracius
This one reminds me of Last Exile in some ways. Except I don't find the character design disturbing.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:05 pm

M.Steiner
:eek: @ the cliffhanger
Fantastic episode this week and the best so far I'd say.

You know, the more serious parts of Fractale sometimes make me think of Now and Then, Here and There. Mebbe it's just me but I've had that feeling a couple of times now. Comedic moments and pervert jokes aside ofc heh.
Finding this show very refreshing though so it's a shame there are only 4 eps left. Not sure how things are gonna end up but hopefully the remaining episodes will keep the pacing up from this weeks. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:11 pm

BlackDove
Thanks for the updates.

I may give it a whirl.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:04 am

SSX-Ava
I'd agree that this weeks episode is the best so far. Really really enjoyed it this week

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:19 am

SSX-Ava
So it finished and I found it a little lackluster and abit confusing. It was nothing out of this world but...I enjoyed it despite some of the confusing plot choices.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:23 pm

M.Steiner
Yeah I thought the show was very good overall but it really needed to be longer in order to properly flesh the plot out some more. There was so much to explore with the fractale system itself, the creation of it and the original Phryne but in a way felt like it only scatched the surface. It was like they ran out of time and tried to resolve and answer as much as they could in the last couple of episodes alone and because of that those last eps felt rushed and more confusing than they needed to be. Should have spent a good ep or two doing just flashbacks alone imo but generally should have been longer as I say. I did still enjoy the show very much but it's a shame some of its potential was wasted.

Still decent, worth your time and something I would recommend but if you're looking for something new to watch I'd point you in the direction of several other shows before starting with this one. :)

Return to “Anime”