Sky Crawlers

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Sky Crawlers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:40 am

BlackDove

Re: Sky Crawlers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:48 am

M.Steiner
I bookmarked The Sky Crawlers a while ago when I was looking through movie recommendation lists & saw it was directed by Mamoru Oshii too.
I've only seen the first Ghost in the Shell movie so far (will get on with the others eventually heh) but with live-action movies I tend to go by directors a lot of the time. So if I really enjoy something I'll see what other movies they've directed, lot of the time I'll enjoy those too. I've started to adobt that system to anime as I was saying to Anny a few weeks back. Tends to work well.

I take it you recommend this? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:40 am

Stracius
Watch your language please, BD.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:14 pm

BlackDove
SSX-MS wrote:I bookmarked The Sky Crawlers a while ago when I was looking through movie recommendation lists & saw it was directed by Mamoru Oshii too.
I've only seen the first Ghost in the Shell movie so far (will get on with the others eventually heh) but with live-action movies I tend to go by directors a lot of the time. So if I really enjoy something I'll see what other movies they've directed, lot of the time I'll enjoy those too. I've started to adobt that system to anime as I was saying to Anny a few weeks back. Tends to work well.

I take it you recommend this? :)
Indeedio.

It's one of the only films in my memory where most of the super-cool CGI aerial battle scenes are castoff irrelevant by design.

Which is just one of the things that makes it awesome.
Stracius wrote:Watch your language please, BD.
MY MIND IS FILTHY

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:23 pm

M.Steiner
Ant was saying he's getting this as well so I'll have to grab it from him once he has it.
[Edit]Absolutely brilliant. Gonna have to buy the blu-ray of this!
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:23 pm

SSX-Ava
I'm in awe........ totally unexpected how the film turned out. It was eery, sophisticated and thought provoking.

My brain hurts.

Return to “Anime”