Ouran High School Host Club

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Ouran High School Host Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:31 am

BlackDove
I liked it.

Sort of a different style than the Anime type I usually watch, but I found it humorous and a breath of fresh air. The story is told very nicely, the ending is as perfect as it can get making me wish for a second season, and the characters are, although not seemingly, very well fleshed out by the time the end comes around the corner. The episodes may seem randomised and without a specific point, but it all falls very nicely into the big picture, with specific intent of how the writer wanted it to go, which was, not run-of-the-mill-like shoujo anime.

The story description goes along these lines
Haruhi is a poor tomboyish student at a school for the ultra-wealthy, able to attend because of a scholarship, and unable to even afford a uniform. One day, she stumbles across the decidedly peculiar but very popular Ouran Host Club. She tries to leave, but accidentally breaks a vase, and unable to pay for it, she's told that she'll have to stay and do odd jobs. That is, until they decide she would be more valuable as a club member. Not realizing she's female due to her appearance, they fix her up and give her a male uniform. She's an instant hit, so they decide to have her keep up the charade even after they find out the truth. Haruhi, being average almost to a fault, doesn't know what to make of the unconventional activities of the Host Club (or of the even more unconventional members), but having little choice, she plays along. Before long, real bonds are formed, friends made, and Haruhi finds herself accepted in a way she could never have been otherwise in this affluent school.
Very reccomended.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:18 am

Dodotorpedo
I've heard good things about this anime, I'll check it out

Return to “Anime”