HI all (and a Jeep)

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

HI all (and a Jeep)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:08 am

Ozone
Hey!

Been away for a bit due to a few extreme life events that have been tying up my time. Things starting to settle down a bit. Haven't been on the PC/Mac much as the rare few night hours a week I have free time are spent on chilin on the couch recovering from the day and either watching a film or playing PS4 (Overwatch, paragon, BF4 a bit still (eagerly awaiting 1), and Neverwinter (Cleric)).

Anyway, daughter now crawling and my new hobby is yelling 'No!' and racing to catch her, father had a life threatening event and we've been spending a lot of time caring for him, expansion of duties at work tying up 50+ hours a week, etc...
But, all good atm and life returning to a normal pace.

Saying that, I bought an old post accident Jeep with a solid frame an minimal rust. Spent the last few months rebuilding what I could on my own and spending a lot of time with my mechanic learning many interesting (and expensive) things.

Got it up and running and decided to do a 'Driveway paintjob' with Rustoleum.
Started with a green base and was on my way to creating 'Lord Cthulhu' when my son asked if we could do a Star Wars Jeep.
So, 'Solo's Bane' was born (still a work in progress)...

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: HI all (and a Jeep)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:25 pm

M.Steiner
Got a nice little project for yourself there! Going well! :thumb:
You could probably go full-on Jurassic Park with that too tbh, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the photos ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:52 pm

SoulSeeker
Im still here lol ....just so much has happened but still playing games but so many r/l distractions as well...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Wow, that looks awesome Oz - what a project indeed, as MS says!

But if you've managed to return to "normal pace" with kids involved then you're something of a miracle worker I have to say :lol:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “General Discussions”