FFVII Remake & Ni No Kuni II trailers from PSX tonight

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

FFVII Remake & Ni No Kuni II trailers from PSX tonight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:00 pm

M.Steiner
Japanese voices:
:D :D :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: FFVII Remake & Ni No Kuni II trailers from PSX tonight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:17 am

Anubis
Site Admin
That combat. They utterly ruined FF7. Ugh :blank:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:58 pm

M.Steiner
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/12/kitase-i-cant-say-final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-completely-action-based/ wrote:“The hardware itself has evolved since the release of Final Fantasy VII, and the games are more real, and real-time based,” said Kitase. “The previous Final Fantasy VII was a command-based RPG that utilized active-time-battle. Real-time and GMC are the trends these days.

“I can’t say the new game is completely action-based, but it has more of that element and real-time than the previous game.

“However, what makes Final Fantasy and RPG different from other games is that the players have the ability to choose weapons, capabilities and magic to be strategic minded, so while the new game has more real-time element, it will also maintain that strategy building element, balancing these two factors perfectly to enhance the gaming experience.

“The game is still in development, and we have not fully grasped all the abilities of and upgrades made to PlayStation 4. The graphics are superb on PlayStation 4, and more polygon volume is available to make it better.

“The way we harnessed the power of the PlayStation 4 was to maintain the graphic quality of characters like Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith in the movie called Advent Children in our game, and this was the starting point. So, what we’re aiming for with the Final Fantasy VII Remake is to have the same quality of these characters in real-time while playing the game, and this is only achievable with PlayStation 4.”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:39 am

BlackDove
The only reason ATB and turn based gameplay ever existed was because of technological limitations.

The moment it was possible to make games work in real time, turn based systems were abandoned.

It would be absolutely hilarious playing an Advent Children fidelity level game in an ATB system. The shit would be comical to the point of ruining the entire experience.

If you want the ATB game, you've got the requisite ports. Old game's not going anywhere. New game needs to be new.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:33 pm

M.Steiner
Can you imagine watching Advent Children with turn-based combat? :lol: :D

The remake will be episodic too, apparently.
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.
“If we dedicated our time to a single release, parts of it would become summarized,” added producer Yoshinori Kitase.
“We’d have to cut some parts, and additional parts would come in few, so rather than remake the game as a full volume, we decided to do multiple parts.”
I expect some people will be disappointed by this and at first I wasn't sure how to feel about it either if I'm honest, but thinking about it, this is fine by me. Not much different from the original when you think about it - "please insert disc 2", except we'll have to wait for the next installment. Plus we already do that with some games anyway (Tales from the Borderlands & everything else from Telltale. Life is Strange etc).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:09 pm

BlackDove
If it wasn't episodic, the game would be 500 gigabytes plus, considering how much content there is to convert to modern standards.

The game content is a known quantity. We know what the game is. A long ass trek through multiple continents, and an entire world basically.

For it not to be deployed in parts means it'd have to be truncated somehow. Plus, how long would it take to make FF7 one game with everything done like in the trailer? Six to ten years?

It'll likely take that much, or near it, by the time all the episodes have been released.

Return to “General Discussions”