Rainbow Six beta

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Rainbow Six beta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Kon
Anyone else get their codes yet? I don't think we've had a thread for Uplay names before, but my ID is Kahn20. Display name is STR-Kondratev.

Really surprised at how well the game runs on my ageing PC. I would have thought my laptop's 460M was under the minimum requirements, being akin to a desktop 260.

I haven't played enough to come to a solid conclusion about the game. First impressions are that it's a good game, but not quite as hardcore as the old Rainbow games. It has some stuff ported in from the likes of Battlefield, such as HP and teammate revives. I'm enjoying it though, and will share some more thoughts after the beta.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: Rainbow Six beta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:32 am

M.Steiner
Still no e-mail on my end despite redeeming my code at the beginning of July. I'm sure I'll get one eventually though heh.

[Edit: Got my code now but can't say I've been blown away by it.

- Gunplay feels pretty rough
- No cover system (though people will probably be split on that one)
- Graphics are very poor, though I don't know how close to the final build these are
- Numerous bugs & issues; Playing 3 rounds and then the 4th never starts, certain players being stuck "loading" in the loadout screen, connection errors mid game, finding a match & then being kicked back to the main menu, matchmaking taking forever or just never finding other players, playing full games only to receive no renown or XP, getting put a game where you can't spawn, lag & rubberbanding...

When it's working, the game is alright I guess and can be rather fun though. I'm not sure whether I'll be getting it though. SW Battlefront is out around the same time which I expect to be playing a lot of and whilst I'm all for MP R6, the fact that it has no single player campaign is another mark against it tbh. That's the equivalent of releasing a Battlefield title without multiplayer, pretty much.

If they fix the problems with it and the full game is well supported with maps (otherwise I can see it getting stale, fast), I might look at picking it up at some point. Will see. I'll play a bit more whilst the beta is up but I'm looking forward to Battlefront far more :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:47 pm

NF
Arbiter
Still waiting on my code...grrr
NF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:41 am

M.Steiner
NF wrote:Still waiting on my code...grrr
Damn, and I thought I had to wait long for mine. Sucks how they've done their invite rollout. Hopefully you'll be in the next batch they send out :)

Recorded one of my matches:
(Just gone up so it may take a few for quality options to appear)

When you can actually get into a game and don't run into any problems (though you can see a bit of the lag/rubberbanding I mentioned in that vid at one point), I am enjoying it. Still not sure whether I'd pick this up when I've already pre-purchased Battlefront though, plus it releases after a packed month in November where I'll be buying several other games much further up my most wanted list. Will see :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:45 pm

NF
Arbiter
Finally got it working - uplay username is PhilJC
NF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:53 am

M.Steiner
How've you been finding it, NF? :)

I've decided I'll get it. I expect I'll be playing far more of SW:BF (if the BF games are anything to go by) but I have enjoyed R6 more as the beta has gone on. It's still not perfect, but the main issues I've had with it (and which have lessened that enjoyment a lot when experiencing them), have mostly been to do with the matchmaking stuff and lag. It's beta though and all part of stress testing so would would hope that those won't be an issue come release. If so, I can definitely see myself playing it casually on the side.

(Incidentally - 3 more days for Battlefront beta!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:58 pm

NF
Arbiter
It's pretty good fun, I like the slower pace of it compared to your normal CoD style shooters...

That said I'm not sure whether I'll be picking this up AND Battlefront.. might limit myself to one at least to start with..
NF

Return to “General Discussions”