Watch_Dogs

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Watch_Dogs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:29 pm

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:Any news on a fix for you MS?
Not as of yet, unfortunately.

Last updates were this morning with:
Ubi UK Forum Manager wrote:The Watch Dogs team is aware of this problem and has dedicated a team to investigate and fix it.

It is a complex issue that could be created from numerous sources and we’re doing our best to isolate it and find a solution.
As we are now, we’re still trying to replicate the issue and we still need your help to find the exact problem, create a fix, test and release it.
Ubi UK Forum Manager wrote:The team are aware of what is wrong with the save games - they just can't recreate why it happened - it could have been a fluke mix of circumstances that resulted in it the first time- however they are still looking into solving it, however due to the issue not being reproducible - it is slowing things down.

If you have had repeats of the problem - after restarting and not having UPlay linked - please make sure you have said that to support, since that may also help find the issue.

If you have had the issue three times - after restarting and you do have Uplay linked - that is also important to tell them.
So still patiently waiting. Been 10 days since I last played :(
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:55 pm

M.Steiner
Day 20...

You guys might be interested in this but a guy on Guru3d forums has made a pretty huge discovery. Some of the visual effects from the E3 2012 demo are still in the game files and he's working at patching them back in. Crazy stuff.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114 ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:23 pm

SL33PY
sweetfx seems to be an ati thing, i'm on nvidia... or isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:02 pm

SL33PY
Hey MS
heb je de savegames al aangepast met een hex editor?

heb dit met mijn eigen saves gedaan na het installeren van een hotfix (van een releasegroep)

ik weet niet of dit met de "originele / niet hotfixed" versie werkt..
maar je kan het proberen

HOW TO REMOVE THE HEADER:
1. open the old 1.save and
2.save files in HxD 2. The header is 552 bytes long, or blocks 0-227. Set your hex editor to 24 bytes per row to make this easier.
3. Your selection should look like this (same on both files): http://i.imgur.com/UwK3Wbv.png ( in jou geval dus vanaf eronder als er iets voor staat)
4. Delete it, hit OK if it warns about changing file size.
5. Save the file
6. start the game and CONTINUE OFF FROM BEFORE!
Are you able to save or copy your savegame to a mem stick? If so you can do what the quote tells you to do and then you can continue your game

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:58 pm

M.Steiner
Just tried this but it didn't work unfortunately. The "continue" button greys out when I try to load the edited save :(. Thanks for the tip though!

Last official update was last week (Wed iirc) with:
We have identified the factors that are creating this particular issue and are currently working on a fix. We’ll keep you updated when we know more on when we’ll be able to release it.
Thanks for your understanding.
So hopefully any day now....

(Also the forum link I posted above is now starting to hit the news sites hehe: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/06/16/now- ... romised-e3 :))

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:52 pm

M.Steiner
Hello all,

Good news! We now have more information on the patches that will be deployed on WD. We apologize if you were affected by any of these issues, but we greatly appreciated your patience while we got this sorted.

A new patch for the game is coming on all platforms. The patch will be available for download on the PlayStation 4 in the next few hours. PlayStation 3 will be available shortly. For PC, the patch will be available in the coming days. For Xbox One and Xbox 360, the patch will be released within the next week. We’ll keep you updated on all progress.

You’ll find the details below. If you have questions, please ask them in this thread and we’ll try to be a specific as possible with our answers.

MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.

GAMEPLAY FIXES
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.

MULTIPLAYER FIXES
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.

PC SPECIFIC FIXES
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.

Love,
The WD Team
Finally.
Still got a few more days to wait before the patch hits PC but at least I'll be able to play again. Just hope I can still enjoy my time with it after all of this....
Some form of compenstation would be nice but I won't hold my breath. EA gave us a free game due to some of the launch issues with SimCity and compared to this (now 22 days of being unable to continue my game), that was nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:46 am

Futile Resistance
Having a blast with it and getting sidetracked by the multiplayer.

My main gripe playing on the PC version are the hackers online so I've stuck to the mobile challenge, but even then there are those who've memory edited their available ctOS points so they deploy traps one after another, SUVs left and right, and their chopper is always ontop of your car no matter how fast you're going.

Upgraded my video card so I can play the game on ultra settings (I wasn't a fan of the recent E3 settings due to the insanely high DoF) but the random stuttering does frustrate me online (especially when you're making a turn or reach a checkpoint).

Overall - I'm having a blast. Hoping the technical issues will get ironed out along with MS' woes. Hang in there! The game's totally worth it. :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:17 am

SL33PY
haven't played wd for a few days now, world cup gets in the way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:haven't played wd for a few days now, world cup gets in the way
This is so true :lol:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:50 pm

M.Steiner
Pfft, boring :p

Patch is now live on PC btw. It only took 23 days but I can finally load my game again!
Will play some later tonight :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:24 am

SL33PY
M.Steiner wrote: Patch is now live on PC btw. It only took 23 days but I can finally load my game again!
Will play some later tonight :D
enjoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:01 pm

M.Steiner
Side content aside, I'm one mission away from finishing this.

As a brand new IP and the first game in said series I think Watch Dogs does a good enough job at what it does, but I can't see it being my GOTY when all is said and done.
I was saying to Anny on IRC a day or two ago that (at least for me) it's a bit like the first Assassin's Creed game was. It's a decent game on the whole and I have really enjoyed it, but it isn't quite there yet and hasn't quite lived up to the crazy hype or the high expectations I had of it going in. If that makes sense. I do think though that if the jump between WD1 > WD2 is anything like it was for Assassin's Creed 2, the follow-up should be everything I'd hoped WD would be and more.

- In terms of story?. Person of Interest is better. Had Watch Dogs' delivered that kind of depth and intrigue to its story it may have still been in the running for my GOTY. However (last mission/ending aside) it hasn't really come close if I'm honest.
- Character development was kinda lacking I thought and could have been much stronger even for Aiden himself.
- Multiplayer is still one of the big highlights for me. Extremely refreshing and lots of fun. Hope they take those ideas even further in the sequel.
- Performance wasn't exactly great but a part of that will probably be down to my system as well ofc. I'm pretty certain I'll be getting AC Unity on my PS4 now due to seeing how this ran.

Also I won't lie, the game breaking bug which locked me out of my game for just over three weeks did not help. Disgraceful that something like that made it into the full game and went nearly a month without a fix. Very poor, Ubisoft.

Still a good game at the end of the day (as was AC1) but I look forward to seeing what improvements they make with WD2. (GTAV is also the better game by far imo. But it would be a little unfair to put them side by side when the GTA series has been around for as long as it has and this is the first game in the WD series).
Anyway.. will complete the final mission later on this evening and then wrap up the side content :)

Return to “General Discussions”