'ow do!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

'ow do!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Gryph
As it says on the tin.

I take it neocron died a death then?

Re: 'ow do!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:41 pm

M.Steiner
Hey dude!, long time no see! ^^

Neocron is still chugging along as far as I know. I drop by the forums every now and then but I haven't actually played any in yonks. Tried going back a couple of times over the years but as great as the game was, it was our SSC/X groups and clan friends from back then which made it what it was. Just wasn't the same experience without them. I'm not sure if it's still the case but their server pops were actually higher than they had been in years which was nice to see and ingame events being held. Before that though Kirk was basically keeping the game afloat on his own I believe but right now it's being run and maintained by community volunteers.

Kirk had some plans for a Neocron Reloaded game under a new company (Nukklear) at one point but I've not seen any news on that for a long time now. Not sure if the plans fell through or not or whether something else is/was in the works, Sl33py may know more.
Elsewhere, the Reakktor website has been pointing towards something too. MJS' site has this. I think Sl33py has said before that Kirk holds the rights to Neocron (or did) so it may not be a Neocron 3, that single image looks very Neocron-esque to me though so possible similar type of game.

Did you forget your login details for "Gryphon" btw?. I can reset your email and pass for you if you like? Tis no bother :)
(It's MS/Dan btw just incase that wasn't clear heh)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Gryph
I err, I did.

I also haven;t accessed it's associated email account in years either...

<.<

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:50 pm

M.Steiner
No worries lol.
Have just sent you a PM with the relevant info ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Gryph! Wow, it has been a while! How's things? :)

NC2 is still going, fairly strong compared to where it was over the last few years. As MS said it's run by the community now, and they're patching it (and currently undertaking a large rebalancing of the game) etc to get it up to scratch with new graphics, missions, less bugs, etc.

I believe that the "official" NC projects - one from Kirk and one from MJS - have been struggling to get funding, hence the lack of news. That's just hearsay though, so might not be true!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Ozone
Yo boss. Just dropped in myself to see whats up (and drop a post re:ESO). Nice to see ya. Hope all's groove. Things good here and want to thank you, I had that line drawing you did on my arm, while drunk, at SSXcon, permanently tattooed in. Now I get discounts everywhere for being a special needs artist.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:13 pm

esd
:D

Get in GTA:O on the Xboxywoxy, I've been making races. And stuff.

Good to see ya!
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:20 pm

SL33PY
M.Steiner wrote:Hey dude!, long time no see! ^^

Neocron is still chugging along as far as I know. I drop by the forums every now and then but I haven't actually played any in yonks. Tried going back a couple of times over the years but as great as the game was, it was our SSC/X groups and clan friends from back then which made it what it was. Just wasn't the same experience without them. I'm not sure if it's still the case but their server pops were actually higher than they had been in years which was nice to see and ingame events being held. Before that though Kirk was basically keeping the game afloat on his own I believe but right now it's being run and maintained by community volunteers.

Kirk had some plans for a Neocron Reloaded game under a new company (Nukklear) at one point but I've not seen any news on that for a long time now. Not sure if the plans fell through or not or whether something else is/was in the works, Sl33py may know more.
Elsewhere, the Reakktor website has been pointing towards something too. MJS' site has this. I think Sl33py has said before that Kirk holds the rights to Neocron (or did) so it may not be a Neocron 3, that single image looks very Neocron-esque to me though so possible similar type of game.

Did you forget your login details for "Gryphon" btw?. I can reset your email and pass for you if you like? Tis no bother :)
(It's MS/Dan btw just incase that wasn't clear heh)

Been a while since we had brunch, but I'll see him sometime in june I suppose, so i'll give you an update then

I will be in Hannover for a blitz early april, but I doubt I'll pass his house this time

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Gryphon
Got the client last night. Had a dabble. Not much has changed, but the community is full and judging by the smell of barbecue, passionate.

Server pop still low and sadly didn't have a good experience.

Still, poked into the community, said hello and gave honest feedback on my experience.

Fond memories.
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmmm, really re: the server pop? That's disappointing to hear. Early last year it was averaging 30-40% most evenings on the new server from what I read. But balancing has taken priority since then, so maybe that's driven things back down :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “General Discussions”