SSX WildStar Beta Giveaway!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: SSX WildStar Beta Giveaway!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:42 am

M.Steiner
Well, tomorrow is the last day of open beta. As such the developers will be holding a special event!
The WildStar development team will be celebrating the end of open beta on Sunday, May 18th at 10PM PDT, Monday, May 19th 5AM UTC! Be prepared for the unthinkable and watch out for the WildStar development team on your server as the devs have officially been unleashed!
I might still come along and post some screenshots from my post-launch travels like I do other games and I'll probably make a post to see if anyone wants one of my 7 day guest passes come launch in a few weeks, but other than that this will mark the end of my WildStar posting methinks.
I know the group I was hoping to start isn't meant to be but I hope some of you decided to give the beta a try whilst it was free and open to all, and that those of you who already had played some, managed to get a bit more time with it too and perhaps try some other classes or different content. There really is a great MMO here and one I believe could become pretty huge if given the chance.
Anyway.. that is all. 2 weeks until early access :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 pm

QuantumDelta
My lots all rolled on Ravenous btw, so that's where I be :P
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:35 pm

M.Steiner
I'm over on Zhur with the EU GAF crew.

Guest passes have started going out apparently. I haven't received mine just yet but I'll supposedly get 3 of them, each with 7 days playtime. Two are already spoken for but the third one should be spare should any of you want one. Just lemme know. First come, first serve :)
[Edit: Given away elsewhere...]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:29 pm

waterstar
This game seems wild and bizarre. The theme is probably the one thing that's a bit of a turnoff. Otherwise the feature set seems incredible. Have you been having some fun playing?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:43 am

SL33PY
QuantumDelta wrote:My lots all rolled on Ravenous btw, so that's where I be :P
Why don't you invite them over here? :thumb: :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:32 pm

M.Steiner
waterstar wrote:Have you been having some fun playing?
The most fun I've had in an MMO in a long time tbh, loved it.

I haven't actually had an active subscription for 5-6 weeks though, but through no fault of the game itself or the devs I may add. I just found myself hardly toughing it (or any game for that matter) due to some stuff that has been going on in RL and thought I'd be best cancelling it rather than wasting money and pissing my playtime away. Once I feel like taking up the sub again I'll probably start playing again though as I did really enjoy my time with it and was looking forward to seeing some of the pvp content they had on the way (which I believe should be in now) :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:43 pm

waterstar
I talked with a neighbor of mine that played during the beta and he described it as jankey. But then as we talked further I think it boiled down to his dislike of the targeting system. I loved that they made housing a core feature as I enjoyed that aspect of Ultima Online. I like the idea of PvP being the default state for a game. Games lost a lot of community and excitement when they took the human element out and replaced it with PvE. Sure you have to work together to defeat the computer but it's just not as exciting to me. Unfortunately that's just the state of affairs in most games these days.

I think I'll pass on playing Wildstar for now. Money ain't exactly flowing freely. Lemme know if you start your sub back up as it's always good to play with friends.

Waterstar

Return to “General Discussions”