Online Gaming Bargains

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: today on Steam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:22 pm

SL33PY
I didn't like The Witcher (once i got it) I know we have some fans among us so I'll stop right here and not diss it too hard.

Loved several packs last year, I dunno if the ones up now will be interesting enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Monkey Island is apparently on sale. I command you all to buy it.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:18 am

SL33PY
i already have it =)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Isileth
Anubis wrote:Monkey Island is apparently on sale. I command you all to buy it.
Dont listen to Anny, I once owned a dog that was smarter than him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:
Anubis wrote:Monkey Island is apparently on sale. I command you all to buy it.
Dont listen to Anny, I once owned a dog that was smarter than him.
It must have taught you everything you know.

;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:12 pm

M.Steiner
This isn't a steam deal but I'll post it here rather than making a new thread for it.

Between tomorrow and saturday GoG.com will be selling The Witcher 2 for £14.99/$23.99 and it comes with a free copy of The Witcher 1.
Pretty good deal there if you don't have them ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Joystiq are reporting that all of the Fallout New Vegas DLC is on sale today, at half the usual price ($5). Whilst the DLC was very hit and miss, I'd advise anyone who hasn't yet played Old World Blues to take advantage of this. By far the best piece of DLC I've ever played for any game :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:43 pm

M.Steiner
If I saw the post that you did they were referring to xbox live sale which is just for today.
They are discounted and part of the Steam Christmas sales too however they are not a daily deal and should last for more than 1 day - "HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends 20 January". If New Vegas gets added to a daily deal lineup during the sales which it most likely will there's a possibility that the DLC will get a bigger discount along with it. If not, they should still be on sale until 20th Jan according to the pages. :thumb:

Thanks for the heads up, Anny. I haven't bought anything during the sales yet as I know I won't want to play them for a while with TOR just out but I'll wait and see if these get added as a daily :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Oops :sweat: Sorry bout that. I must have misread it over my lunch!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:10 pm

M.Steiner
M.Steiner wrote:If New Vegas gets added to a daily deal lineup during the sales which it most likely will there's a possibility that the DLC will get a bigger discount along with it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22380/
There we go. New Vegas & its DLC are one of the daily deals for today, 75% off :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:44 am

SL33PY
played fallout:las vegas.. was dissapointed :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:09 am

Stracius
SL33PY wrote:played fallout:las vegas.. was dissapointed :(
They have a Fallout: Nas Vegas now!? :o
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:played fallout:las vegas.. was dissapointed :(
Really? What did you think of 3 then? :weird:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:38 am

SL33PY
I really enjoyed fallout 3, just new vegas couldn't draw me in as fallout 3 could, the level of polish was a lot lower, weird bugs occurring and to top it off I didn't find the main quest satisfying

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:I really enjoyed fallout 3, just new vegas couldn't draw me in as fallout 3 could, the level of polish was a lot lower, weird bugs occurring and to top it off I didn't find the main quest satisfying
Just interesting to hear is all, since I was the exact opposite. Hated 3 - didn't draw me in at all and had no vestige of a decent plot. Found New Vegas to be completely the opposite, as you'd expect from some of the original Fallout devs.

Each to their own though :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:07 am

M.Steiner
Am I the only one who enjoyed both games? :lol: :)
Liked the story in both F3 & NV but NV had better choices & oonsequences I think. Only negative thing I've got to say about the latter is the polish, bugs & whole unstableness of the thing which I do agree with 100%. It was atrocious.
It became a running joke between Ava and I as everytime he happened to see me playing I'd either just come across a bug or my game would be crashing or some shit lol. Issues F3 never gave me despite them using the same crappy engine.
Still, both great imo :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Am I the only one who enjoyed both games? :lol: :)
Yes :p

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:04 am

Stracius
I liked them both. In fact, I'm still taking my time with NV.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:02 pm

M.Steiner
Not a steam deal but thought this would be the best place to post.

Is there anyone here who doesn't already own The Witcher? In either retail boxed form or digital purchase from steam, gog etc.
I have a steam copy to giveaway to someone who doesn't already own it. Free and no strings other than you're an SSX member and you'll actually play it :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 am

Stracius
A lot of great indie games for sale on steam right now for anyone who has been holding off. Also several of great games (in mine and many others' humble opinion) that were woefully overlooked by the gaming community in general.

Braid
Psychonauts(!)(!!)
Stacking
World of Goo
Darwinia
Osmos
Vessel
The Binding of Isaac (think of a bizarro Legend of Zelda)

These are just the ones I own and can attest for their worthiness to be owned and played. There may be more that should probably qualify (Super Meat Boy, Frozen Synapse) but as I don't own them (yet) I cannot vouch for them. Feel free to add to the list!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:28 pm

M.Steiner
Speaking of indie titles. I linked this on IRC yesterday but there's also the latest Humble Indie Bundle.
Pay what you want and you can choose whether the money goes straight to the developers, to charity, to tip the Humble Bundle folk or a mix of all three. If you've not bought a Humble Bundle before you'll get DRM free copies of the games and the ability to add the bundle to your steam account too (there's a button on your account page which will give you a product key).

It includes:
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent
- Psychonauts
- LIMBO
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

and if you pay the average contribution or more you get Bastion too.

I've not played the last 2 yet but the bundle is worth it just for Amnesia, Psychonauts & LIMBO, probably the best bundle they've done so far imo.
I already own most of these on steam but I bought the bundle yesterday for the ones I was missing. Good cause :)

Cheers for the heads up too, Strac. I see that NightSky is one of those indie titles. Was looking at that not so long ago so I'll make sure to grab it later. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:00 am

SL33PY
this weekend saints row 3 with all dlc for about 37€

or

base game and gameplay dlc for 15€

all other bells and whistles for another 20€ (more or less)

or base game alone for 10€

good deal, dl almost done :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:28 pm

M.Steiner
Just an update for the humble indie bundle I posted about. - Lone Survivor, Braid & Super Meat Boy have been added to the bundle and like the already included games, can be redeemed on steam too ;)
If you bought the bundle before these were added you should find them in your account page too (I did). If you're a new buyer you have to pay average or more to get those too (<$8)

Have not played Super Meat Boy before but have only ever heard good things about that one so will have to try it at some point. As for the other two, I bought Lone Survivor the day it appeared on steam and posted a bit about it last month in the 2012 thread actually, amazing game I thought. Braid is also most excellent though much more widely known.

So thats: Amnesia, Psychonauts, LIMBO, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Lone Survivor, Braid & Super Meat Boy all in one bundle. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:58 am

Padishar
Thanks for the heads up :cool:
I totally enjoyed Amnesia, Psychonauts & LIMBO
Also, plan on snag'n Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery in the future,
but have Crusader Kings II (just purchased) to get through...
it and ALL Paradox Interactive games are onsale (Steam) for the next 40hrs.

On a side note, reading through Page 5, I still havn't been very far in Fallout3.
Not sure why either... Its been installed/uninstalled more than a few times.
I really like how it starts and a short while after leaving the Vault, I just lose interest.
Also own New Vegas, but have never even started it... hmm... Maybe I should give it a shot.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:43 pm

BlueFlames
Padishar wrote:I still havn't been very far in Fallout3. Not sure why either... Its been installed/uninstalled more than a few times. I really like how it starts and a short while after leaving the Vault, I just lose interest.
Probably because once you leave Vault 101, the quality of the writing drops off precipitously, and the open world game mechanic actively works to undo any motivation that the story tried to generate.

Incidentally, can I interest you in this shiny can of worms? It's soooo shiny!

Return to “General Discussions”