Reminiscing about the olden times

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Reminiscing about the olden times

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:43 pm

NF
Arbiter
Rock-n-Roll wrote:Ahh, the old days, when the PL splintered from SSC so that we could actually play in leagues.

If I remember correctly, we OWNED the 3058 league with Wolfie being our MW3 ninja.

I wasn't quite as good, just more willing to wait the opponent out. My matches were epic. Wolfie would get 5 or 6 drops in in the time it took me to get through one ;)
Oh yes we definitely did OWN that league. Considering we were just a merc unit we were stronger than most of the major houses/clans.

For me I was more a keep moving and wear em down person myself. Wolfman was just inhuman.
NF

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:20 am

Rock-n-Roll
If this thing is for real, we've got to get the band back together...where's Wolfie these days?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:44 am

Messiah
Freakin' Wolfman. The kid was prodigous.

I never got tired of raiding Jade Falcon. Nothing was sweeter than stealing a dozen JF Madcats - over and over again.

We're definitely back on if this thing happens.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:45 am

NF
Arbiter
Messiah wrote:Freakin' Wolfman. The kid was prodigous.

I never got tired of raiding Jade Falcon. Nothing was sweeter than stealing a dozen JF Madcats - over and over again.

We're definitely back on if this thing happens.
Definitely. 'nuff said.
NF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

Wolfman
Yeah, we are back on thats for sure. Haha, it's good to see you guys still remember me. We need to all catch up. I'll never forget pounding CJF in the ground, do you guys remember Elias? He was the best one to take out. Funny thing is, I kept some of those battle print outs we would get after a fight. I think they are from the 3060 league, I can scan them on my computer and send them to you guys if you want.
Wolfman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:31 am

Stracius
Here I was about lay some smackdown for thread necromancy, but in this case I think it's strangely appropriate. Nice to see you again W.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:04 am

Wolfman
Thanks man, it's good to see you to. I need to show my face around more often and get into some games with you guys.
Wolfman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Hey Wolfie. Seeing some of those battle printouts would be great.

I guess Wolfie isn't a kid anymore either...geez that was a long time ago :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:27 am

Ozone
esd wrote:Has anyone tried the Wayback machine?
Mechanus wrote:I did and wound up in some van down by the river with the Harlem Globetrotters.
Yeah, I know this post is recently revived, but when I read that tonight I snorted so hard pre-laugh that my beer came out my nose.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 am

Wolfman
Yeah, I'm in my mid 20's now haha. Anyway send me your email and I'll scan them onto my computer and send em your way.
Wolfman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 pm

Messiah
Wolfman! Good to see you, kid (mid 20s is still a kid).

;)

I would love to see some of those battle reports. I never tired of harassing Elias. He was so ill tempered about it. Of course, if I had to repeatedly fight you to keep my mechs, I'd be ill tempered as well.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Messiah wrote:Wolfman! Good to see you, kid (mid 20s is still a kid).
Lets face it, he'll be 40 and still be a kid to us ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:56 am

Wolfman
Haha, I still act like one :thumb:
Wolfman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:40 pm

SSX-Wedge
Lets go back farther.... Teletypes, Oregon Trail on the Apple 2E (ive still got that apple2E) FreeSpace Free Space 2, Silent Threat, Tribes, Tribes 2, Freelancer (OK a little MW4) So many good games so little time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Whizbang
SSX-Wedge wrote:Lets go back farther.... Teletypes, Oregon Trail on the Apple 2E (ive still got that apple2E) FreeSpace Free Space 2, Silent Threat, Tribes, Tribes 2, Freelancer (OK a little MW4) So many good games so little time.
Woot! I learned to program back in the 6th grade on the old Apple ][e and Oregon Trail was the best. :D
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:59 am

NF
Arbiter
Wolfie! Welcome back fella - good to still you're still about :) Hope life is treating you well!
NF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:52 am

Stracius
Mechanus wrote:
SSX-Wedge wrote:Lets go back farther.... Teletypes, Oregon Trail on the Apple 2E (ive still got that apple2E) FreeSpace Free Space 2, Silent Threat, Tribes, Tribes 2, Freelancer (OK a little MW4) So many good games so little time.
Woot! I learned to program back in the 6th grade on the old Apple ][e and Oregon Trail was the best. :D
Chipwits anywone?
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:40 am

Messiah
The thread has been hijacked. I have Helsinki Syndrome.

Hammurabi
Zork
Adventure
Castle Wolfenstein
Temple of Apshai
Pool of Radiance
Lunar Lander
Rogue
Sabotage
Car Wars
Leisure Suit Larry
Starfleet
Starfleet II: Krellan Commander
Ultima II-VII
Star Saga I
Star Saga II
Might and Magic I-IV
Sim City
Tapper
Jumpman
Loderunner
AutoDuel
Paradroid
Lemonade Stand

I am sure there are more, but I think this is a good representation of my first 10 years of PC games on Apple II, C64, TRS-80 and DOS systems. It is amazing how gaming has advanced in the last 30 years.

"plugh"
"xyzzy"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:23 am

Stracius
"Reminiscing about the olden times" I see no hijack as of yet :thumb:. I never did win Zork... Loved Might & Magic II, though, and Loderunner was pretty fun too. I grew up on Mac games (limited as they were in existance for the apple II), and atari/nintendo/sega consoles. Good times, but games have definitely come a long way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Whizbang
Messiah wrote:The thread has been hijacked. I have Helsinki Syndrome.

Hammurabi
Zork
Adventure
Castle Wolfenstein
Temple of Apshai
Pool of Radiance
Lunar Lander
Rogue
Sabotage
Car Wars
Leisure Suit Larry
Starfleet
Starfleet II: Krellan Commander
Ultima II-VII
Star Saga I
Star Saga II
Might and Magic I-IV
Sim City
Tapper
Jumpman
Loderunner
AutoDuel
Paradroid
Lemonade Stand

I am sure there are more, but I think this is a good representation of my first 10 years of PC games on Apple II, C64, TRS-80 and DOS systems. It is amazing how gaming has advanced in the last 30 years.

"plugh"
"xyzzy"
I noticed a distinct lack of the Wing Commander series and Kings Quest.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:19 am

Fenavian
Speakin of the good ole days:

Spamcifer.

:)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Ambush
Someone call me? :cool:
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:43 am

Rock-n-Roll
The old days?

Is that when my knees still worked and I was playing hockey 4 mights a week?

Don't get old kids...don't get old...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:57 am

Stracius
4 mights a week? Is this back when cars got 40 rods to the hogshead?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 am

Padishar
This thread started out awesome...

and now...

I just feel old.

Guess i will have to go fire up my gamin rig and see how many head shots I can get before my arthritis meds were off...

Return to “General Discussions”