An Open Invitation From WoW-US

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

An Open Invitation From WoW-US

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:38 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Since the Members Only forum which previously held this information is being removed, I'm going to reiterate it here.

The WoW-US group has issued an open invitation to all SSX members to join them on their Ventrillo server to encourage people to get to know one another across groups. Everyone is welcome if you want to take them up on the offer.

The group wishes to keep the connection information private, therefore if you want to take the group up on this offer please PM lili who will be happy to provide you with the information.

Thanks, hope to see some people taking up this offer :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:51 pm

Inquisitor
The LOTRO folks might be interested, I know we talked about somethign other than the ingame voicecomms at one point.

We'll see if Syro makes his way up here :)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:19 pm

lili
Just an FYI, due to money problems we had to shink the size of our vent server a while back down to 50 but that still usually leaves about 20 to 30 spots free at all times. As anubis said if you need the info just pm me and you can pass it to your group. Vent is not passworded and we would like to keep it that way.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:33 pm

undrin
As of right now we have no Ventrilo server. The hosts of our server did not pay thier license fee. So we are going to look around and see what we can do to get us up and running again. But until than you can always visit us in game or here in the forums.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
You guys are also welcome to make use of IRC if you need somewhere to hang out whilst you're without Vent. We used to have a #SSX-WoW channel but I don't think it has been used in a while, you could either take that place up or just join us in #SSX if you need to.

I hope you guys manage to sort out a new server relatively quickly though, and thanks for updating us :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:20 pm

undrin
It is hard to use IRC while in game lol. At least for me it is. We will keep you all updated on our progress.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:41 pm

Padishar
Unfortunately, the company that hosted our vent server and that we paid our Vent license through just had their licenses Revoked
Due to NRG screwing their customers over, Ventrilo revoked NRG's Licenses.

So... that means we unfortunately do not currently have a Vent server,
to make matters worse...
Our server was completely paid up and it appears there is little chance of getting the money back :shake:

Oh well, I am going to lock this thread momentarily until we find a new server.
All discussions on the matter can be discussed Here

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:08 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Unlocked this. The group now has a new Vent server and the offer has been reopened. Same details as in the original post apply if you want to join them :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:04 pm

undrin
Yes what Anubis said is true. We also have more space on this new vent servre. I belive we can take 50 people at once. So please feel free to contact any of us for vent info. Those that have visited us before please feel free to stop back in. We also have set up Channels for EvE and AoC.

Edited due to me typing to fast and not spelling correctly. (Like normal, and probably still spelled something wrong)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:39 am

Padishar
Like Undrin said,
feel free to contact any of us for the information :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Syro
I finally found this thread. A year late but here I am! :nervous:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:12 am

Ozany
@ Undrin. Sent you a PM requesting info for EvE group. I had the login at one point, but I think that was before the switch of servers.
Ozany

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:11 pm

undrin
No prob, Sent ya the info just now.

Re: An Open Invitation From WoW-US

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:54 am

Syro
We still running WOW vent?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:11 pm

QuantumDelta
Well it's not really wow specific anymore but they are still running it last I checked by!
No one's ever on at a sociable UK time tho :<
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:50 pm

Fenavian
QuantumDelta wrote:Well it's not really wow specific anymore but they are still running it last I checked by!
No one's ever on at a sociable UK time tho :<
I can be. I am up at all hours. :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:50 pm

Syro
I know we had some issues with rogue users at one point and some changes were made to it. Since I use a private vent server for my gaming, I was just curious if the WOW vent was still being used and this sticky was still appropriate. Thanks :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:40 pm

undrin
Yes the group is still active. We have the vent up and running, so we now have a password to join. If anyone wants to get on with us please send pms to any of us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:01 am

Syro
Cool :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:35 pm

LOTRO_Lee
I left Lotro, did a tour on Warhammer, then moved to WoW. I have been playing WoW for about four months now and I have a level 80 Rogue (main) and a level 80 DK (alt). There are two other exiles who played Lotro also now playing WoW with me in a small group. We would love to hook up with you guys - what server are you on? Of course we need to get Syro hooked up too ;)

-Lee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:41 pm

LOTRO_Lee
Think I found it:

"Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!"

We all left a PVP server and went to a PVE server. We are more PVE focused and found it rather difficult to get anything done on the PVP server.

-Lee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Padishar
yes, initially leveling on a PVP server is more difficult then leveling on a PVE server,
but after you hit 80 (and have a flying mount) it becomes quite a minor thing.
The majority of us on Mannoroth are PVE focused now,
hasn't been a lot of progress in the PVP department from Blizz in a long time.

We have had a few people come over from PVE recently and the way Blizzard has things are set up now,
its easier then ever to level. And a great deal of the Dailies, including the Tournament area are nonattack zones.

Also we are fairly supportive and tend to help bring the pain ;)
Almost all of us have multiple 80's and help folks level :cool:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:29 pm

LOTRO_Lee
Padishar,

Our mains and most of our alts are at level 80 now so leveling is not so much an issue any more (until the next expansion). It seems that most of the issues we experienced were specific to the PVP server that we were on. As an example the Horde would camp the entrances to the Heroic Dailys (ToC excluded) with an large force. It sounds like that sort of thing is not happening on your server. I will start talking to our group about moving over to Mannoroth.

Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:49 pm

M.Steiner
Voice comms are not something I frequent so forgive me for asking, but is anyone able to tell me whether this thread is still relevant or not?.
The first posts says to PM lili but she hasn't been online since Jan 2012. Does that info need updating? or is the thread itself no longer relevant and could do with being unstickied? Tis no problem either way, I'm just doing a bit of tiding & updating that's all! :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Padishar
Meant to respond to this sooner, but forgot about it.

The vent server was cancelled in favor of the free public WoW vent server:
wow.publicvent.org

Room 142 is the default room used.

Thanks for the house cleaning :thumb:

Return to “General Discussions”