Tips on IP and weapons/armor

The world of Rubi-Ka awaits!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Tips on IP and weapons/armor

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:08 pm

Thalastian
This may be redundant but here is what I have learned on IP and weapons/armor.

Starting out levels 1-5:

A) Max your Atribute stats because it cost little to do so at low levels and you will need something in all of them.

B) Keep your Treatment and First Aid maxed as well, you will need those later on.

C) Keep your starting weapon maxed, if you have both melee and ranged starting weapons such as the Adventurer decide which you want to use for these levels you can always respec later.

D) Only wear the armor and use the weapons you find in drops. Its not worth the effort and money to purchase anything at these stages. The only thing you should be buying is if you are on newbie island you need to pick up the Starting Nano's for your profession which costs around 1,500 I think. Those can be found by the shuttle port near the vender on top, there is a purchasing station there.

E) Spec your Adventuring to, I think its 24 so you can use the Small Backpack which you can buy in RBB or Subway Shops. I would recommend working towards carrying three backpacks in your inventory.

(TIP) If your on newbie island and have the SL and AI expansions be sure to kill the Alien Spider-Zix to max out your Alien Experience Points.

E) Save all unused IP.

Spec'ing levels 6-10:

A) During these levels you need to begin deciding what you will be spec'ing in as far as weapons. You should find that between 6 and 10 which weapon is best for you, and if not you can always respec later. Stick with the same spec'ing patern as with levels 1-5.

B) If you have the Shadowlands Expansion go to Jobe. The entrance can be found in Rome Green betweeen the two entrances to Rome Red. Go to the Jobe Market transporter. Once in Jobe Market run to the other side of the city and up the steep ramp. On that side you will find the Professionals Building facing the edge of the city. Go in there and find your profession. Right-Click the attendant at your profession and then the shopping Icon. Look through your list of specific professional nanos and see what you can use. If you missed the starting nanos on newbie you can get them here too. Look at what types of nano programs you want. This will tell you what specs you should be concentrating your IP on.

If you do not have access to Jobe go to RBB and go into the nano department and look for your specific nanos.

C) You still should not be worried about armor and weapons. You should find enough drops in subway or Jobe Training areas for these so dont waste your money.

Spec'ing levels 11-20:

A) Same pattern as before except you should be noticing that some of your attribute skills are not as needed as others. One way to tell is to Shift-rightclick the weapon stat you are using and see what base attributes it uses. For example a certain sword may use 50% STR, 30% AGL and 20% STM. Those are the base stats you want to keep maxed. An enforcer wont need INT as much as STR so lag your INT stats behind. In some cases you might find a piece of equipment or armor that requires one you are not specing a lot in, either spec to it or find something else to use.

B) You should know what Nano & Aiding stat you want to use by now so keep them up as you will need them. At higher levels nanos are critical to success and make you more appealing to teams. For example I have a team nano that boosts damage for team by 15 and some that heal team every few seconds.

C) By level 18 or so you should begin looking for a specific weapon to use for awhile. You should know what area of weapons you want to operate in so begin looking for those. RBB is the best place to begin looking.

That should get people started if you have any other questions please send me a tell or ask me here.

My alts are: Thalaztian, Irritus, Xanthra, Ridamier

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:30 am

Athon Solo
Thanks for the tips. Very Helpful.

Also, I would say make sure you do the newbie missions offfered to you by the NPC at the point where you appear when you leave newbie island. While some of the items here aren't that useful, there are some, such as a cool helmet you get, that have very good stats.

From these missions I have obtained so far (and I haven't done all of them):
Leet Doll (I've heard these are actually useful for things - not sure what tho)
Cool helmet with good stats
Atleast one nano program
Microphone

There's one mission which I wasn't able to complete. I guess I need to talk to the NPC's more and pay more attention. You have to find out what the captain whose gloves you repair likes to drink and give it to him. I haven't found out the answer yet.

Edit: He wants whiskey. If you head in a straight line back to the entrance to omni ent (not towards the gaps in the wall at either end, straight towards the zone change entrance) you'll find some shacks. One of these is a bar and they sell bottles of whiskey.

I'm also looking at doing missions. I've been reading up on the token board you get given when you join omni / clan and some of the bonuses look quite nice. You get tokens by doing missions "well" (according to the guide I read you get max chance by completing the mission and killing all enemies on the way) and can get more than one token per mission as you get higher. You have to wear the board on your neck to get the bonuses the board gives.

Athon Solo
Last edited by Athon Solo on Tue May 17, 2005 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eve: Athon Solo - Gallente

Looking forward to:
Supreme Commander
Fallen Earth

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:27 am

Thalastian
Message me and we can do some team missions, I can bring my keeper which should dispatch most enemies well.

Thalaztian
Xanthra
Irritus
Cygen

Return to “Anarchy Online”