Free your mind!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Free your mind!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:57 pm

Shoarmabob
This topic is for you to make suggestions in or tell us what's bothering you about us or the guild, so we can try and improve things, and make this a better place for all of us. :)
is it a bird?
is it a plane?
NO!
IT'S SUPERBOB! HERE TO SAVE THE DAY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:36 pm

Kaewen
point one.
Cut the school antics.
I'm not sure whats happeend but we lost nigh on 9 or so core members due to maybe one persons actions and its just not on.
So first of all we need to treat each other with respect and if you have an issue with another guildie go through the appropriate channels in future.
mods are in place for a reason.
I think the only thing we can hope for is TBC to bring us new people and maybe old people back and that the burning crusade will keep everyone happy for the next year or so.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:40 pm

Kaewen
I just jumped over to the SSX mannoroth forums and to be honest i think you should all go take at look at them and come back to this and it'll put into context just exactly how dire our situatiion is here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:04 pm

Varanor / Dalaryna
at the moment there's nothing that bothers me really, I know the guild isn't doing 100% but untill TBC comes out we should just sit back and have some fun (events or w/e). When TBC comes out we can start lvling together, pvping together and recruit more people if needed.
Varanor 60 paladin.
Dalaryna 60 rogue.
Theradur 60 mage.
-----------------------
but my friends call me.. Kikkoman!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:47 pm

base
I suggest we we start smack talking all the people that left the guild, kick their alts and burn as many bridges as we can.

Unless ofcourse your name is mipross or armed or whatever then your guilded alts wont be touched.

Yet more double standards.

Friendship > Guild tag.
Some of you people should be ashamed.
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:13 am

M.Steiner
Though people like Mipross weren't abusing the system by coming & going all the damn time treating the place like a doss house, like certain others were from what i understand. Correct me if i am wrong.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:32 am

base
You're Wrong
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:40 am

Komfort
He's right
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy and paste me to your signature so i can spread.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:08 am

Sondemon
To Kaewen and Ryoko, I'll quote what MS wrote in Iefelnias application to the guild with his warlock, written thursday:

(Joined the SSX,
Guild disbanded & reformed - went & joined pure luck - fair enough.
Left PL & Rejoined the SSX.
Left SSX with alt to join another raiding guild (Fear?)
Rejoining SSX in TBC as well i presume?)

If that's not abusing the system, then what is? All my time in SSX I've heard that you can leave once, and change your mind cuz often you don't know what you had until you lost it. With all things ingame as IRL.

After we disbanded, those voting for a progress chose to join raiding guilds, I was one of those ppl that wanted to keep contact with those scattered, I was one of those that wanted to reform. With the answers in my hand I don't think the choice was right, reforming might not have been the best, and dropping the multiguilding rule was wrong. I embrace bringing it back which has been talk of amongst the mods. And if so brought back, it would affect everyone, there are other ways to keep in contact, we've got the forums, IRC, msn, mail, ingame channels like the sad pandas.

To Ryoko, I don't know what your problem is, you know the game well, you get alot of info about alot of things which makes you a good player, in one way, but you have since my first days in SSX always had something against me, or so I feel. I don't think I've ever heard you saying something that I personally could feel as appriciation. Only (in lack of better words) nasty comments, which I either took as rude and/or ignorant. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I hope every time you've said something has either been ment as sarcastic, but just plain wrong time to say it, or you don't really know what you're saying or how ppl take it.

Well, about those that left, and those that left. We disbanded, ppl joined other guilds, and some of us asked them to join back with their alts so we could keep in contact with them. It was never ment that you could come and go, do as you like. The old rules of how to behave still applied, atleast in my head, sure we loosened up on the multiguilding rule, but when ppl come and go, join and quit like it doesn't matter, you have to draw a line. In Caspae's case I know it wasn't just about the joining and leaving, Iefelnia, well he's just did a bad choice. Had they posted something about their intentions, it would in my eyes have been alot better than just leaving and telling ppl in gchat, those 10-15something(?) that were online, instead of everyone in our community. I'm not sure they'd still get to have their alts anyway, but it would've been a better way.
Those that left after, Mystiq, Krissie, Sofia, Armstrongg, Haleluja, Zebo, Zargor, and couple more I think, they all left for diffrent reasons, I know some left cuz of how Caspae and Ief were "handled" (again in lack of better words), and some left cuz they just can't take it anymore, all the whining and crying and fighting. But leaving now is just in my eyes to give up on SSX WoW EU, instead of trying to work with the mods to sort things out. Some may say they've worked for it, maybe, but I haven't seen much. Try being a mod, it's a fulltime job imo. Or you can post ideas of what to do, to raise morale, cuz morale has been a problem for a long time, find stuff to do with the guild, don't let the comming of BC break us up, it's only 2 months more to go, suck it up!
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:00 am

Sondemon
I would also like to add something I've thought of for some time. Alot of you comment on lack of raiding, lack of things to do with the guild. Take this post and come up with ideas. The mods are there to listen and help, not to lead you and decide what you should do. For example, if time shows that you ppl are willing to work to make things better, I've got an idea I've shown to Komfort tonight which would be a fun thing to do, call it "a quest" of sorts ^^ Idea not mine originally so I won't claim I came up with it, but it would be sortof of a treasure hunt.

Now, I've dropped an idea here, more ideas of things we can do, outside of raiding, until BC comes would help alot, and when BC comes we'll see what ppl will want to do, but for now, why don't just aim for the BC release, and see what we can do to have a good time til then?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:50 am

Ruhn
Nice post there chal :thumb:
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:51 pm

base
You've lost around 10 good people, and you're patting yourselves on the back, you don't find this strange?
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:28 pm

Sondemon
base wrote:You've lost around 10 good people, and you're patting yourselves on the back, you don't find this strange?
What do you want Ryoko, do you want the SSX to disband? Cuz right now, that's what I think you want, I think you don't give a * about what happens, you just like to cause trouble and drama with your posts. Care to take some responsibility? Explain yourself or something?

They left on their own, or in Caspae's case, made a bad call which caused him some consequences. Caspae has explained his reasons behind the choice he made, and as said, it could've been handled better.

And as I see it, we didn't lose them, the lost us.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:36 pm

Sofia
-edit-
Felt like explaining a lot of things... on a sec thought: no. If you cant deal with the obvious its not my right to babble about it either. Ive tried for the better part of the past 2 years to act as a kind of voice of reason, so in that respect ive indeed abandoned SSX. You can call me a traitor Chalan, but i dont value to be part of the WoW-SSX if noone can even tell the difference between the ideals you tag on the group & the actual way you treat "friends".

Ive lost you there.
Last edited by Sofia on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:36 pm

firedancer
base wrote:You've lost around 10 good people, and you're patting yourselves on the back, you don't find this strange?
Please tune your language a bit down. i find such insulting
sarcasm very out of place. this forums should not turn into
an open battlefield.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:40 pm

base
firedancer wrote:
Please tune your language a bit down. i find such insulting
sarcasm very out of place. this forums should not turn into
an open battlefield.
There is no sarcasm or bad language in my post, perhaps you just don't want to hear it, that is all.
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:14 pm

Sondemon
Sofia wrote:You can call me a traitor Chalan
Not my intention to call anyone a traitor, if that's how it's appearing. My bad.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:21 pm

Chill
<out of character> hey you guys dont derail the thread as its a good idea </out of character>

So anyway, ill give you the reason why i stopped playing or when i particuarly got fed up in general. Im not going to mention any names because that isnt the point of the thread -- its making sure mistakes dont happen again.

It relates to what ryoko was saying earlier, but i dont condone his way of saying it. double standards.

Anyway a lonnnng time ago we were in MC and a rare recipie dropped, major rejuv potion i beleive. nobody really needed it and it was given to an alchemist without any chance for other alchemists to get it, me and some other unamed alchemists were annoyed but decided to let it slide. the reason given was to improve raid progress: we accepted that.

A little time later we were in ZG and one of those dolls dropped, you know the ZG enchant one and somebody with already enchanted head and legs rolled for future use, his arguement was that he's spent just as much time getting here as anyone else so why shouldnt he be able to.

both these reasons in themselves are fair enough, as long as there is consistency, but its double standards like that that do make things uncomfortable for the people are screwed (in this case me)

after this i stopped playing really, though half because i was bored with the game, and thankfull missed all the drama.

Ive not mentioned any names because i dont want an issue made out of it - the same why i never mentioned it the past because i didnt want to cause problems. I mention it so you can try and make sure it doesnt happen again.

Ignore the flames above and try not to derail this thread its a good Idea!

Chill
"Chill is a good guy... with a weakness for trolling & anti-authority"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Can we try and keep this on topic? Ryo, whether it is intended or not I agree with fire. This forum shouldnt be turned into a battlefield between opposing views, and to me your posts here seem a tad provocative. The thread is for suggestions to improve things, not to argue about people leaving, lets try to keep it that way, mkay?

Thanks.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:38 pm

base
What do you want Ryoko, do you want the SSX to disband? Cuz right now, that's what I think you want, I think you don't give a * about what happens, you just like to cause trouble and drama with your posts.
Anubis, could you point out to me what part of this is not provocative.

Would you also agree that people leaving the guild in droves and the reasons for that might be considered a problem, this threads original purpose was for us to air the things that were bothering us.
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ryo, that quote was in response to a provocative post of yours, had you not posted in the way you did it may not have been said. I singled you out because, reading the thread, you posted in the provocative manner *first* and have kept it up. I didnt say you were the only one posting like that. But as you were the first to post in a tone that seemed to me could lead things to an argument, I mentioned you.

As for people leaving being a problem. Yes, the reasons behind it WOULD be counted as a problem. But you havent stated what those reasons are in an acceptable way. You alluded to the point that we shouldnt be kicking peoples alts in your first post, but did so very sarcastically and provocatively. Not an acceptable way to say you have a problem with it. Other than that you've told MS he is wrong, told fire he doesnt want to hear the truth when he wasnt saying anything was untrue, he was just saying dont post in the sarcastic manner (which I agree with), and you've posted once again being deliberately sarcastic about what may/may not be going on in regards to smack talking people who have left (I dont play anymore, I have no idea how much truth there is in it. Not saying you're wrong).

If you see the kicking of people or alts/reasons for kicking of people or alts as a problem, then please by all means say so. But dont say so in such a provocative way. Like I said. We dont want to turn this place into a battlefield.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 pm

base
Had people been spoken too, in a guild thats supposed to value friendship and ideals before they were kicked from the guild, perhaps I wouldn't need to post in this thread at all.

Perhaps if those people had tried to explain the way they felt before leaving the guild with an alt, there wouldn't be a thread to post in , if you want to backtrack to find blame.

Yes I'm angry I have every right to be when I believe people are being treated poorly and unfairly in a guild that promises something else.

You can dress it up any way you like, try and get an explanation that suits your palette much better, but anyway you look at it, the damage has been done.

Thats all i have to say on the matter, as these problems are now yours, you created them, and you can fix them or not. I play for my friends, and my friends have all but left here.

I have no confidence in the current leadership of ssx wow, and I believe the ideals ssx holds have brutally failed in the wow devision.
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:58 pm

firedancer
To Ryo:

thanks for these explaination. i think your last post is exactly what
i (maybe also others) needed for understanding what is going on.
and what the topic has been made for.

it is sometimes hard to get to know what all happens in gchat in
wow, as i no longer play. but i think it nevertheless concerns
all of SSX. so please try to give us *non-insiders* a chance
to understand what is going on. your last post certainly succeds
in this point.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:58 pm

Inquisitor
And I lay the blame on the people who left, and on Blizzard.

You've had a couple sets of "leaders" in the last two years. All of them seem to have failed.

It is "our problem" now though.

I suggest that the WoW mods start a new thread for the original purpose.
No signature

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”